Prof. Nagy K. Hanna
Visiting Associate Professor, LINK Centre
Prof. Nagy K. Hanna is an internationally recognised expert on e-transformation and innovation strategies, with nearly 40 years of experience in the field. In addition to serving as a Visiting Associate Professor at the LINK Centre, he is a Senior Fellow at the Center for Policy on Emerging Technologies (C-PET) in Washington, DC, and a Senior Advisor and former Lead Strategist at the World Bank.
Hanna holds a PhD from the Wharton School, University of Pennsylvania, and has taught at the University of Maryland, George Washington University, and Duke. He has provided advice to a wide range of national governments and aid agencies on matters of e-transformation, e-government, e-leadership, the knowledge services industry, public-sector management, and innovation-driven development.
Hanna is a member of the editorial boards of Springer’s and Palgrave’s journals and book series on Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Technology and Knowledge Economy.
He has published more than 100 papers and book chapters, and has authored or co-authored numerous books, including this five-book series published by Springer:
- e-Transformation: Enabling New Development Strategies (2009);
- Enabling Enterprise Transformation and Grassroots Innovation (2010);
- Transforming Government and Building the Information Society (2011);
- Seeking Transformation through Information Technology: Strategies for Brazil, China, Canada and Sri Lanka (2011); and
- National Strategies to Harness Information Technology: Singapore, Finland, the Philippines, and South Africa (2012).
His most recent book, published in early 2016 by Emerald, is Mastering Digital Transformation: Towards a Smarter Society, Economy, City and Nation.