There are number of university and faculty recognised research entities situated in the CLM Faculty.
Our faculty has two Senate approved Centres, which engage in research. These are:
- The Centre for Applied Legal Studies (CALS) based in the School of Law
- The Centre for Defence and Security Management (CSDM) based in the Wits School of Governance (WSG)
There are also six FRC recognized research programmes that operate in the School of Economic and Business Sciences (SEBS):
- The (AMERU)
- The (CSID)
- The Institutions and Political Economy Group (IPEG)
- The Knowledge and Information Economics/Human Resources Agency (KIEHRA).
- The Macro-Finance Analysis Group (MFAG)
- The Strategic Foresight Group (SFRG)
Some of the other research and outreach entities that have established themselves in the Faculty are:
- The Mandela Institute (MI) in the School of Law
- The Wits Finance Initiative (WIFI) in the Wits Business School (WBS)
- The Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results (CLEAR-AA) in the Wits School of Governance (WSG)