There are number of university and faculty recognised research entities situated in the CLM Faculty.
The faculty has one URC recognised Research Group:
Our faculty has two Senate approved Centres, which engage in research. These are:
- The Centre for Applied Legal Studies (CALS) based in the School of Law
- The Centre for Learning on Evaluation and Results (CLEAR-AA) based in the Faculty
There are also 4 FRC recognised research programmes that operate in the School of Economics and Finance:
- The African Microeconomic Research Unit (AMERU)
- The Institutions and Political Economy Group (IPEG)
- The Macro-Finance Analysis Group (MFAG)
and 2 in the School of Business Sciences:
- The Knowledge and Information Economics/Human Resources Agency (KIEHRA)
- The Strategic Foresight Group (SFRG)
The African Centre for Conflict Management (ACCM) is a partnership between the Wits School of Governance (WSG) and Thabo Mbeki Foundation (TMF).
The Wits Business School is home to the BCX Chair in Digital Business, the African Energy Leadership Centre (AELC), and The African Centre on Philanthropy and Social Investment (ACPSI)