Opportunities for Industrial Liaison
The School encourages collaborative work with industry. Collaboration can take many forms and may not necessarily involve funding.The School encourages contact in the following areas:
- Undergraduate laboratory projects can assess the viability of certain projects.
- Postgraduate projects offer the opportunity to investigate thoroughly more complex problems over a period of one to three years.
- Contract research: The School may enter into contracts to investigate problems that require the expertise of the staff and the facilities available at Wits.
- Consultation: Academic staff may undertake consulting work in specialist fields.
- Continuing Engineering Education: Academic staff are able to present courses to members of the public or organisations through the Faculty of Engineering Division of Continuing Engineering Education.
Companies interested in further information should contact:
School of Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering, University of the Witwatersrand
Private Bag 3, WITS 2050 South Africa
Telephone: +27 (11) 717-7510