What do I need in order to Graduate
Please note that in keeping with the formal nature of our graduation ceremonies we would like to remind you that the dress code should be formal and respectable.
- Please note that Faculties allocate students to their respective ceremony dates.
- All potential graduands must have fulfilled all the requirements to graduate 30 days prior to each ceremony, failing which you will be allocated to a later ceremony date.
(The deadlines for qualifying for the degree do not apply to Health Sciences students in the July and December cluster and the Engineering students in the December cluster. The fees deadline remains 30 days. Please consult your Faculty for the deadlines in this regard)
- The Faculty office must have entered your name on the system that you qualify for the degree
- All your fees/fines/interest and/or dues must have been paid
- All postgraduate students must have submitted a hard copy, as well as an electronic copy of their Thesis, Dissertation and/or Research Report. These copies will be recorded in our Central Records Office.
- Please consult your Faculty to confirm your graduation status. Where appropriate, request to be placed on the list for the next available graduation date.
- Your graduation status can only be confirmed once all the requirements above have been fulfilled and consequently your name appears on a graduation list. Please check with your Faculty.
- A list of graduands will be uploaded onto the internet at least 3 weeks prior to each ceremony.
(This deadline will not apply to Health Science students in the July and December cluster and the Engineering students in the December cluster. Please consult your Faculty for the deadlines in this regard)