Start main page content
Graduating in Absentia
What if I cannot attend the ceremony?
- If you are unable to attend your graduation ceremony, you will graduate in absentia and you will need to make arrangements to come and collect your degree certificate.
What happens with my certificate?
- Certificates are no longer posted.
- Certificates not collected within three months after each graduation cluster will be destroyed and you will be liable for the cost of a new certificate.
Can someone else collect my certificate on my behalf?
- You may ‘nominate’ someone to collect your certificate on your behalf.
- The request must be in writing to EGO, stating the person’s full details as well as Identity Number.
- This person must produce their ID Document when collecting the certificate.
Graduands Please Note:
- Due to the increase in the amount of theft and loss of certificates, Wits will no longer post certificates. Graduates need to collect (courier collection at graduand cost) their certificate from EGO should they not attend the ceremony.
- Certificates not collected within 3 months of graduation date will be destroyed and graduates will be liable for the cost of a new certificate.