Closing date for reprints of certificate request is 31 March 2023 and will reopen as of 1 May 2023
The University only issues ONE ORIGINAL certificate per graduate. Certificates are issued to graduates and diplomates at graduation ceremonies.
Reprints of Certificates:
Payments for all reprint certificates should be made at:
- Cashiers Office (Solomon Mahlangu House Ground Floor) or
- Pay via EFT at the following bank account:
University of the Witwatersrand
First National Bank
Branch Code: 251905
Account No. 51360056499
Ref: Reprints + student number
Wits Cashiers Internal Ref Code: 001106452511028114102
For International payments
Swift Code: FIRNZAJJ
Please Note: You can only apply for a Mini certificate after you have graduated.
Mini-certificates, (A4 size) are issued when graduates:
- Apply for work visa/work permit
- Work application and qualification verification
- Application for postgraudate studies
Only Mini Certificates (A4 size) can be printed for the Johannesburg College of Education prior to 2001. This black and white A4 size copy is accepted as proof of having obtained the said degree and has the University seal.The cost of the mini certificate is R50.00 each. Please collect your certificate or arrange with the courier service to have the certificate collected at your cost.
Download the Mini Certificate Application Form
Replacement of Short Learning certificates
We do not print certificates for short courses. Liaise with the respective department where the course was attended.
Re-issuing of lost or stolen certificates
- The Examinations and Graduation Office has strict procedures for re-issuing lost certificates. Should the original degree certificate be lost or damaged you may request a certified copy of the original. An affidavit signed by a Commissioner of Oaths must be completed.
Download the Affidavit Form
- The copy of an 'original' certificate is R150.00. Please collect your certificate or arrange with the courier service to have the certificate collected at your cost.
- Certificate requests takes approximately 10 working days to process.
- Reprint and Mini certificates will take approximately 10 working days to process.
- Download the Name Change Application Form.
Once you have completed your Mini certificate or Affidavit application form, email it with the proof of payment to: help.EGO@wits.ac.za
Graduands who have graduated in absentia or were unable to attend the ceremony must collect their certificates (or arrange with the courier service to have the certificate collected at your cost) within 12 months of your graduation at the Examinations and Graduation Office at Solomon Mahlangu Building, Room 2024. Thereafter certificates are destroyed and you will be liable for the cost of a new certificate.
Students graduating within the Health Science Faculty must collect their certificates at the Faculty.
CERTIFICATE COLLECTION ON BEHALF OF GRADUATE
For students requesting to have their certificates collected by a nominated person, complete the form below:
NB email the completed form to help.EGO@wits.ac.za and copy the nominated person. The nominated person should bring along proof of identification as completed on the form. No physical paper will be accepted.