Start main page content


Doctor of Philosophy (PhD)

This is a degree in creative work, such as performance or/and composition, with a related research component; or by research only. For more information on the PhD click here.

Master of Arts (MA)

This degree is by research only. For more information on the MA click here.

Master of Music (MMus)

This degree is in creative work, with a related research component. For more information on the MMus click here.

How prepared are you to undertake masters or doctoral degree studies?


BA Honours in Music

Click here to read more.

Bursary information



For additional information on the postgraduate degrees or to enquire about graduate studies in Music at Wits please email


Giving to Wits

School of Public Health Building

Whether you invest in a promising young student, or contribute towards vital research or new buildings and facilities – giving to Wits brings great personal satisfaction and lasting results you can be proud of for years to come.

Give to Wits