Interested in applying?
- At Wits we offer an online application system for all of our postgraduate programmes.
- Applications are handled centrally by the Student Enrolment Centre, but before applying, PhD/Masters by Dissertation applicants should contact the school concerned to identify a suitable supervisor for their intended studies.
- Once your application is received and complete in terms of requested documentation, it is referred to the relevant School for assessment.
- Each application is considered individually. There is no set time frame as to when decisions will be made, however, most schools will make a final decision at the end the academic year or the beginning of the new academic calendar.
- Use the Self-Service Portal to keep track of the status of your application, view scholarships and bursary status, and obtain a fee estimate.
- Admission queries should be addressed to the Student Enrolment Centre.
Academic programmes on offer
- Click on the relevant area of study below to find postgraduate programmes on offer.
- These pages will give you information regarding entry requirements and closing dates and will give you a button to click to apply.
If you are applying from outside of South Africa, and or have a foreign qualification, please contact the International Students Office for more specific details regarding application and conditions regarding your degree structure.
For information on Fees, please contact the Fees Office. Neither Faculty or Schools will be able to advise you on course fees.
Struggling to apply online?
If you are struggling to apply online or log in to your self-service, please contact the Student Call Centre, +27 (0)11 717 1888, or log a query at www.wits.ac.za/askwits