Accelewrite: Sustainable Accelerated Thesis Writing
|When:||Monday, 07 September 2020|
A 30-day graduate writing programme
A 30-day graduate writing programme in which you will begin and complete a chapter of your thesis under close supervision. The course is based on the well-established principle of writing a page a day, under supervision, supported by interactive classes on planning, structuring, editing, revising and referencing your work. You will also receive regular feedback, including one-to-one consultation and guidance on questions of grammar, style and argument arising from your work. The group will meet for 90 minutes every day: this will include
- writing a page a day
- weekly one-on-one feedback
- instruction in language, style and structure
- regular training in reading and assimilating research articles
- revision and editing
- You will need to be able to make a commitment to the daily meeting.
- You should have submitted your proposal to the faculty.
- You will need to supply an annotated reference list of all the books and articles you have already consulted, as well as a one-page report on the last three books you have read for pleasure. To apply to be selected, please send the above info with your student details to Professor Houliston.