Digital Assessments (Session 1)
|When:||Wednesday, 05 July 2023|
Effective education involves the integration and alignment of three core systems, namely curriculum, learning and teaching, and assessment. In this context, ensuring alignment between course outcomes, content and assessment is important for curricular coherence, and contributes to the validity of assessments. Consequently, there is a need for academics to appreciate the role of assessment in students’ learning and to be able to design quality assessments for particular contexts. In addition to the need for authentic, valid assessment practices, more generally, there is a growing need to become familiar with technologies for use with assessments.
This workshop focuses on assessment in the field of Higher Education with special emphasis on assessment tools in ulwazi and other available platforms.
Session 1: Discussion & Assignment tool
- Setting up a graded discussion
- Grading discussion topic using rubrics
- Grading discussion topic using SpeedGrader
- Setting up an Assignment link
- Setting up Peer review & group assignment
- Grading assignments using rubrics
- Grading assignments using Speedgrader
- Setting up assessment weighting linked to gradebook
Date: 5 July 2023 (Session 1)
Venue: Online (Meeting link will be e-mailed once bookings are confirmed)Add event to calendar