Enhancing Research Supervision
|When:||Wednesday, 09 June 2021|
For bookings or enquiries contact: Yasmina.Dadabhay@wits.ac.za
This course aims to enhance research supervisory capacity taking into account the diverse context and conditions in which supervisors work as well as the differences in institutional and disciplinary postgraduate supervisory practices and processes.
After engaging with the course and the course materials the participant should be able to:
- Develop a strategy to address power relations and create an inclusive and participatory learning environment in their supervisory context
- Critically reflect on the importance of scholarship in their learning environment
- Critique their supervisory practices and implement changes aimed at enhancing student learning
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the supervisory processes in their context and recommend improvements
- Participate in a collegial network of support and build an online community of practice that enhances supervisory practice
- This 30-credit short course at NQF Level 8 comprises the following phases: 3 days face-to-face; 6 weeks on-line; and 3 days face-to-face and includes assessment An e Portfolio (100%) inclusive of formative and summative assessments must be submitted at the conclusion of the course for credit assessment.
Date: 9 June - August 2021
Venue: Online (Meeting link will be e-mailed once bookings are confirmed)
Click here to download the CLTD prospectus for more eventsAdd event to calendar