TThe PGDipE(HE) in the field of Higher Education is designed to foster a scholarly and professional approach to university teaching, assessment and curriculum design. The PGDipE(HE) will provide lecturers with the opportunity to gain an accredited qualification that is comparable to those offered at top universities globally. It will contribute to enhancing the quality of teaching and learning in the university.
The PGDipE(HE) is offered in contact mode, modelling eLearning practices, and with support provided by faculty/school mentors through a structured mentorship programme. It will be presented part-time over two years, with classes held during university terms. There will be some flexibility in completion time requirements.
Specific aims are to assist academics to:
- Strengthen their roles in teaching, assessment and course design;
- Update and extend their ‘working theories’ and practices as educators; and
- Deepen engagement with the university as a rapidly changing site of research and scholarship
Do you want to:
- Enhance your teaching?
- Consider alternate ways of assessing student learning?
- Change your curriculum or course design?
- Engage in the scholarship of learning and teaching?
- Use technologies to actively engage students?
- Integrate e-learning into your teaching and assessment?
- Learn from and with others in a supportive, collegial environment?
If you answer ‘yes’ to any of the above, you should consider registering for the PGDipE(HE) in the field of Higher Education.