The DST-NRF Centre of Excellence in Mathematical and Statistical Sciences (CoE-MaSS) receives funding from the national Department of Science and Technology (DST), which is administered by the National Research Foundation (NRF) and the Host Institution, Wits University. This research funding is administered across the 14 partner institutions that make up the CoE-MaSS.
Funding awards are assessed and awarded based on merit. The types of things we fund are shown here: What we fund
We are currently funding Postgraduate Bursaries, Post-Doctoral Fellowships, research aspects of conferences (such as funding plenary speakers and workshop facilitators), etc. provided that they fall within one of the eight CoE-MaSS Research Themes, as listed here: Research themes
Please find the policy on how to cite funding support by the CoE-MaSS on your publications here.
Please note that the current CoE-MaSS Funding Calls are listed below:
Funding Calls for 2017
- 2017 CoE-MaSS Postdoctoral Fellowships for South African citizens and permanent residents only (Application deadline: 7 April 2017) - OPEN!
View the call here.
- 2017 CoE-MaSS Event Support for Workshops, Conferences, and Capacity Development Training (Application deadline: The last day of each month) OPEN!
- This call is open all year. The application deadline is the last working day of each month, for consideration by the Committee the following month.
- This application for funding must be supported by the relevant CoE-MaSS Node Leader in terms of fitting in with (i) one or more of the ten recognised CoE-MaSS Research Themes, and (ii) be in line with the Centre’s goals for research development and advancement, and capacity development in the MaSS fields.
- Download the Application Form template here.
- Download the Post-Event Report Form template here.
- 2017 CoE-MaSS Postgraduate Bursaries (Application deadline: November 2016) - CLOSED!
Past CoE-MaSS Funding Calls can be viewed on the Past Funding page.