The Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management (CLM) was constituted as part of the University of the Witwatersrand’s re-organisation process in 2001. Based in the Commerce, Law and Management Building on Braamfontein Campus West, the Faculty is the second largest in the University of the Witwatersrand. It consists of six Schools, four of which offer undergraduate and postgraduate programmes while two offer postgraduate programmes exclusively.
The former are based on Braamfontein Campus West
The Postgraduate Schools are based on the Parktown Management Campus
There are three discipline-based libraries managed by the Faculty:
- Commerce Library
- Law Library
- Management Library (on the Parktown Management Campus)
CLM offers professional development in the business and legal areas of expertise as well as educational programmes that compare with the very best globally. We are persistent on increasing our intake of postgraduate students and post-doctoral fellows to produce groundbreaking research output. Our programmes prepare our graduates to:
- join a group of distinctive public and private sector leaders in the fast-growing world of financial service industries
- become men and women with entrepreneurial spirit who are able to think analytically, make decisions and solve problems
- follow various exciting careers in the legal profession, in industry and commerce, or in government and the diplomatic corps
- participate significantly in the global economy.