- Behrens, K., Wareham, C. Toward an Africanized Bioethics Curriculum. CAMBRIDGE QUARTERLY OF HEALTHCARE ETHICS, 2021(30) pp. 103 - 113
- Behrens, K. African relational environmetalism on greenhouse gas emissions. Ethical Perspectives, 2021(28) pp.129 - 147
- Dhai, A., Menezes, C. Increasing medical student numbers in resource constrained setting: ethical and legal complexities intersecting patients' right and respinsibility. Developing World Bioethics, 2021(00) pp.1 - 8
- Etheredge, H. POPIA Code of conduct for reasearch. South African Journal of Science, 2021(117) pp.1 - 12
- Etheredge, H. Assessing Global Organ Donation Policies: Opt - in vs Opt - out. Risk Management and Healthcare Policy, 2021 (14)pp. 1985 - 1988
- Hermanus , T., O'Grady, M. A principled-based approach to justify the use of HIV self-testing in South Africa. Developing World Bioethics, 2021(00) pp.1 - 10
- Gantsho, L., Wareham, C. Medical Cosmopolitanism: The Global extension of justicein healthcare practice. Developing World Bioethics, 2021(21) pp. 131 - 138
- Gardner, J. Access to healthcare: Life Esidimeni and the vulnerability of the mentaly ill. Ethics, Politics, Inequality: New Directions, 2021, pp. 239 - 25
- Mahomed, S. Human biobanking in developed and developing countries: An Ethico-Legal Comparative Analysis of the Frameworks in the United Kingdom, Austalia, Uganda and South Africa. Cambridge Quarterly of Healthcare Ethics, 2021(30) pp. 146 - 160
- Maseme, M. Commodification of biomaterials and data when funding is contingent to transfer in biobank research. Medicine, Healthcare and Philosophy, 2021(24)pp. 667 - 675
- Wareham, C. Between hoping to die and longing to live longer. History and Philosophyof the life Sciences, 2021(43)pp. 1 - 20
- Wareham, C. Artificial intelligence and African conceptions of personhood. Ethics and Information Technology, 2021(23)pp. 127 - 136
- Miniggio, H., Motlaba, P. D.,Wareham, C. Virtue ethics in dentistry - a model for developing virtuous dental practitioners. South African Dental Journal, 2021(76)pp. 290 - 293
- Behrens, K. A Principled Ethical Approach to Intersex Paediatric Surgeries. BMC Medical Ethics, 2020, 21(108) pp. 1 – 9.
- Behrens, K. Clinical Ethical Challenges in the Covid- 19 Crisis in South Africa. Journal of Clinical Medicine, 2020, 2(SI) PP. 29 – 32.
- Tandwa, L. Public Engagement in the Development of the National Health Insurance: A Study Involving Patients from a Central Hospital in South Africa. BMC Public Health, 2020, 20(1191) pp. 1 - 9.
- Wareham, C. Ethical Considerations in Xenotransplantation: A Review. Current Opinion in Organ Transplantation, 2020, 25, pp. 483 – 488.
- Wareham, C. Genome Editing for Longer Lives: The Problem of Loneliness. Bioethical Inquiry, 2020, 17, pp. 309- 314.
- Wareham, C. The Renaissance of Virtue Ethics and its Publication in Dentistry. South African Dental Journal, 2020, 75(6) pp. 332 – 336
- Menezes, C. Perceptions of Patients and Medical Students Towards Each Other in the Setting of Patient Care – A South African Perspective. Medical Science Educator, 2020, 30 pp. 933 – 942.
- Maseme, M. Sharing Human Biobank Samples and Data in Exchange for Funding in South Africa in International Collaborative Health Research – An Ethicolegal Analysis. SAJBL, 2020, 13(2) PP. 103 – 107.
- Dhai A., Ballot D. Ethical Dilemmas in Paediatric Intensive Care in the South Africa Public Healthcare Sector. SAJBL, 2019, 12 (1) pp. 44 - 45.
- Dhai A., Mahomed S. Global Injustice in Sport: The Caster Semenya Ordeal - Prejudice, Discrimination and Racial Bias. SAMJ, 2019, 109 (8), pp. 548 - 551
- Dhai A., Behrens K., Mahomed S. Protecting Participants in Health Research: The South African Material Transfer Agreement. SAMJ, 2019, 109 (5), pp. 353 - 356.
- Dhai A. Health Research Ethics. Book edited by Juta. 1st Edition, 294 pages
- Behrens K. Building Assessment Practice and Lessons from the Scientific Assessment on Livestock Predation in South Africa. SAJS, 2019, 115 (5/6), pp. 1 - 4.
- Cleaton - Jones P. Commentary on "Measuring the Quality and Perfomance of Institutional Review Boards". Journal of Empirical Research on Human Research Ethics, 2019, pp. 200 - 203
- Venter B., Human Tissue in a Freezer: A Crime or Not? De Jure, 2019, 52 (7), pp. 110 - 114
- Wareham C. Pig-to-Human Xenotransplantation: Overcoming Ethical Obstacles. SAJBL, 2019, 12 (2), pp. 66 - 70
- Dhai A. The Life Esidimeni Tragedy: Moral Pathology and an Ethical Crisis. SAMJ, 2018, 108 (5) pp. 382 - 385.
- Dhai A., Mahomed S. The National Education, Health and Allied Workers’ Union (NEHAWU) strike: South Africa’s healthcare battlefield . SAMJ, 2018, 108 (8) pp. 632 - 633.
- Dhai A., Mahomed S. Healthcare in Crisis: A shameful disrespect of our Constitution. SAJBL, 2018, 11 (1) pp. 8 – 10.
- Dhai A. ASSAf Consensus Study on the Ethical, Legal and Social Implications of Genetic and Genomics in South Africa. SAJS. 2018; 114(11/12):1-3. http://research.assaf.org.za/bitstream/handle/20.500.11911/106/2018_assaf_ethical_genetics_genomics_consensus.
- Ferlito B., Dhai A. The Life Esidimeni Tragedy: Some Ethical Transgressions. SAMJ. 2018; 108(3):157
- Ferlito B., Dhai A. The Life Esidimeni Tragedy: The Courts are also to Blame. SAMJ. 2018; 108(3):155-15.
- Dhai A. The Life Esidimeni Tragedy Arbitration Award: A Step in the Direction of Justice SAJBL. 2018. 11(1):3
- Gardner J, Dhai A. Introduction to Medical Ethics. In Public Health in Africa; eds Ogunmekan DA, Seedat YK, Osibogun AO, Onajole AT. University of Lagos Press, Nigeria; 2018: 547-558.
- Behrens, K.G. A Critique of the Principle of Respect for Autonomy Grounded in African Thought. Developing World Bioethics, 18 (2): 126-134
- Behrens, K.G., Broadbent, N., Galgut, E., Gardner, J., Molefe, M. Ethical considerations in the management of livestock predation. In: Livestock predation and its management in South Africa: a scientific assessment (Eds Kerley, G.I.H., Wilson, S.L. & Balfour, D.). Centre for African Conservation Ecology, Nelson Mandela University, Port Elizabeth, 82-105
- Mahomed S. Healthcare, artificial intelligence and the Fourth Industrial Revolution: Ethical, social and legal considerations. SAJBL, 2018; 11(2): 93-95
- Venter B. Challenges Facing Children on Chronic Peritoneal Dialysis in South Africa. Peritoneal Dialysis International, 2018, Vol 38 pp. 402– 404. http://www.pdiconnect.com/
- Wareham, C.S. What is the Ethics of Ageing? Journal of Medical Ethics, 2018, Vol 44 pp. 128-132
- Wareham, C.S. Distributive Justice. In Rodriguez & Chimakonam (Eds.) A Guide to Key Ideas in African Ethics. Bloomsbury Press. Accepted, forthcoming.
- Wareham, C.S. Was it wrong to excavate Homo Naledi? Developing World Bioethics. Under review.
- Wareham, C.S. Genome editing for longer lives. Emerging Topics in the Life Sciences. Under review.
- Dhai A. The evolution of research participant protections in South Africa. SAMJ, 2017, 107 (7) pp. 571 - 572.
- Dhai A. Exploitation of the vulnerable in research: Responses to lessons learnt in history. SAMJ, 2017, 107 (6) pp. 472 - 474.
- Dhai A. Health research and safeguards: The South African journey. SAMJ, 2017, 107 (5) pp. 379 – 380
- Dhai A., van As A. B. After Life Esidimeni: True human rights protections or lip service to the Constitution? SAJBL, 2017.
- Dhai A. Childhood Injuries: A Commission for Human Responsibilities is Needed. SAMJ, 2017
- Ferlito B., Dhai A. The Life Esidimeni Tragedy: Some Ethical Transgressions. SAMJ. In press.
- Dhai A. The Life Esidimeni Tragedy: Constitutional Oath Betrayed. SAJBL. In press.
- Ferlito B., Dhai A. The Life Esidimeni Tragedy: The Courts are also to Blame. SAMJ. In press.
- Ferlito B., Dhai A. The Life Esidimeni tragedy: A human rights-perspective. SAJBL. In press.
- Behrens K. G. Livestock predation in South Africa: The need for and value of a scientific assessment SAJS, 2017, 113 pp. 1 - 3.
- Behrens K. G. Hearing sub-Saharan African voices in bioethics Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics, 2017, 38 pp. 95 - 99.
- Behrens K. G. The Imperative for Developing an African Eco-Philosophy in Themes, Issues and Problems in African Philosophy. Isaac Upkopolo (ed.). Palgrave Macmillan pp. 191-204
- Behrens K. G. Assisted dying: Why the Argument from Sufficient Palliation fails. SAJP, 2017, 36 (2) pp. 186 - 194.
- Wareham C. Partiality and distributive justice in African bioethics. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics, 2017, 38 pp. 127 - 144.
- Wareham C. Confidentiality and fitness to drive: Professional, ethical, and legal duties in the case of the diabetic bus driver. SAMJ, 2017, 107 (8) pp. 684 - 686.
- Wareham C. A Duty to Explore African Ethics? Ethic Theory Moral Prac (2017) 20:857–872
- Wareham C. The Transhumanist Prospect: Developing Technology to Extend the Human Lifespan. Chapter 28, The Palgrave Handbook of the Philosophy of Aging (pp 517- 537).
- Wareham C. What is the ethics of ageing? J Med Ethics Published Online
- Bezuidenhout L. , Rappert, B. Data Sharing in Low-resourced Research Environments. Accepted in Minerva. In press.
- Bezuidenhout L. The Relational Responsibilities of Scientists: (Re) Considering Science as a Practice. Accepted in Research Ethics. In press.
- Etheredge Harriet, Botha Jean, Cleaton-Jones Peter Liver transplantation for non-resectable colorectal liver metastases at a single centre in South Africa: A report of the ethics and regulatory approval process. SAJBL, 2017, 10 (1) pp. 5 - 7.
- Lundgren Aina, Cleaton-Jones Peter A Study of perioperative deaths in Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital, a South African level four central hospital SAJA, 2017, 23 (2 (SUPPL 1)) pp. 110 - 113.
- Egan A. Rick Turner as … Theologian? Theoria: Journal of Social and Political Theory, 2017, 64 (2) pp. 58 - 71.
- Egan A. The intellectual challenge of doing bioethics in South Africa. SAJBL, 2017, 10 (1) pp. 8 - 10
- Dhai A. Medical negligence: Alternative claims resolution an answer to the epidemic? (Editorial)
- Grobler C, Dhai A. Social Media in the Healthcare Context: Ethical Challenges and Recommendations South African Journal of Bioethics and Law, 2016, 9 (1) pp. 22 - 25.
- Dhai A. The WMA Declaration of Taipei: Human databases and biobanks for the common good (Editorial)
- Bezuidenhout L. Morrison M. Between Scylla and Charybdis: reconciling competing data management demands in the life sciences (accepted to special issue BMC MEDICAL ETHICS TRANSLATION IN HEALTHCARE: Exploring the Ethical, Legal and Social Issues 25/03/2016)
- Gardner J. Should drinking during pregnancy be criminalised to prevent foetal alcohol spectrum disorder? (SAJBL, 9: 26-30)
- Gardner J. (in press). Medical Treatment and Consent in Vulnerable Populations (accepted for publication as part of Medical Ethics eBook; expected publication date is August 2016
- Mahomed S. Behrens KG. Nöthling-Slabbert M. and Sanne I. 2016. “Managing Human Tissue Transfer Across National Borders – An Approach from an Institution in South Africa”. Developing World Bioethics, 16(1): 28-35
- Behrens K.G (in press). Assisted Dying: Why the Argument from Sufficient Palliation Fails, South African Journal of Philosophy.
- Behrens K.G. (in press). Hearing Sub-Saharan Voices in Bioethics, Theoretical Medicine & Bioethics.
- Kerley G. Behrens K.G. (in press) Carruthers J. et. al. (in press). Can Science Assist with the Management of Livestock Predation in South Africa? The Need for and Value of a Scientific Assessment. South African Journal of Science, 113(3-4).
- Behrens K.G. (in press). A Critique of the Principle of Respect for Autonomy Grounded in African Thought. Developing World Bioethics, 2017(1-9).
- Mnisi F.M. (2016). “A Critique on the Application of the Principle of Subsidiarity Concerning Human Embryonic Stem Cell Research in South Africa”. Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 4(9): 472-485
- Wareham C. Accepted, forthcoming. Partiality and Distributive Justice in African Medical Ethics. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethics.
- Wareham C. 2016. The Transhumanist Prospect: Developing Technology to Extend the Human Lifespan. In G. Scarre (ed.) The Palgrave Handbook of the Philosophy of Aging. Palgrave Macmillan.
- Wareham C. 2016. Substantial Life Extension and the Fair Distribution of Healthy Lifespan. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy. 41.5: 521-539.
- Venter WDF. Fairlie L. Feldman C. Cleaton-Jones P, Chersich M. Views of Medical Doctors Regarding the 2013 WHO Adult HIV Treatment Guidelines indicate variable applicability for routine patient monitoring, for their family members and for themselves, in South-Africa. PLOS ONE 2016; 11: e0145911 DOI: 10.1371/journal.pone.0145911.
- Volchansky A, Cleaton-Jones PE, Evans WG, Shackleton JL. Patterns of previous tooth loss in patients presenting at five different types of dental practice. SADJ 2016; 71: 70-74.
- Cleaton-Jones P. What changes are there in decisions by the Wits Human Research Ethics Committee (Medical) and in process errors by research applicants between 2003 and 2015? SA J BL 2016; 9: 69-72.
- Graham D. A. Egan A. The Ecumenical Struggle in South Africa: The Role of Ecumenical Movements and Organisations in Liberation Movements to 1965 Ecclesiastical Law Journal, 2016, 17 pp. 269 - 282.
- Veldsman T. Johnson A. Egan A. 2016 Religion, Spirituality and Leadership. Book chapter; Leadership, Perspective from the frontline.
Dhai A, Mahomed S, Sanne I. Biobanks and Human Health Research: Balancing Progress and Protections. South African Journal of Bioethics and Law, 9 (2S1), pp. 55 - 59.
Dhai A. Medico-Legal Litigation: Balancing Spiraling Costs with Fair Compensation. S Afr J BL 2015; 8(1): 2-3.
Dhai A, Bioethics and Health Education and Promotion. In Henk Ten Have (Ed.) The Encyclopedia of Global Bioethics. Springer Reference. 2015. Available at: http://www.springerreference.com/docs/html/chapterdbid/398533.htm
Mapukata-Sondzaba N, Dhai A. Reflecting on BCMP students’ experiences of professionalism during clinical rotations. S Afr J BL; 2015; 8(1): 26-29.
Dhai A. Consulting Editor. Ethics, Science, Technology, and Engineering: A Global Resource, 2nd edition. Edited by Holbrook J.B and Mitcham C. 4 vols. Farmington Hills, MI: Macmillan Reference USA, 2015.
C. Wareham, Accepted, forthcoming. Slowed Ageing, Welfare, and Population Problems. Theoretical Medicine and Bioethic
C. Wareham, Accepted, forthcoming. The Transhumanist Project: Developing Technology to Extend the Human Lifespan. In G. Scarre (ed.) The Palgrave Handbook of the Philosophy of Aging.
C. Wareham, Accepted, forthcoming. Substantial Life Extension and the Fair Distribution of Healthy Lifespan. Journal of Medicine and Philosophy.
C. Wareham, 2015. Youngest First? Why it is Wrong to Discriminate Against the Elderly in Health Policy. South African Journal of Bioethics and Law, 8 (1), pp. 37 - 39.
C. Wareham, C. Nardini. Policy on Synthetic Biology: Deliberation, Probability, and the Precautionary Paradox. Bioethics 29.2: 118-125
Behrens, KG. 2015. “Avoiding Plagiarism in Academic Writing: A Guide on What to Cite and How”. Occupational Health Southern Africa, Volume 21(4): 4-7.
Behrens, KG. 2015. “Why Physicians Ought Not To Perform Virginity Tests”. Journal Of Medical Ethics, Volume 41(8): 691-695.
Mahomed S, Behrens, KG, Nöthling-Slabbert, M and Sanne, I. 2015. “Managing Human Tissue Transfer Across National Borders – An Approach from an Institution in South Africa”. Developing World Bioethics. Published on-line first: 17 February 2015 | DOI: 10.1111/dewb.12080.
Slabbert MN, Pepper MS, Mahomed S. Stem cell tourism in South Africa: A legal update. Special Issue South African Journal of Bioethics and Law, 8 (2 Suppl 1), pp. 41 - 45.
Eagan A, 2015 “Corruption: African Perspectives”, in: J Britt Holbrook & Carl Mitcham (eds.), Ethics, Science, Technology, and Engineering: A Global Resource (2nd Edition), Volume 1, (Farmington Hills, Mich.: Gale Cengage Learning), 468-470.
Eagan A, 2015 “Mining: African Perspectives”, in: J Britt Holbrook & Carl Mitcham (eds.), Ethics, Science, Technology, and Engineering: A Global Resource (2nd Edition), Volume 3, (Farmington Hills, Mich.: Gale Cengage Learning), 113-115.
Eagan A, 2015 “Science, Technology, and Ethics: African Perspectives”, in in: J Britt Holbrook & Carl Mitcham (eds.), Ethics, Science, Technology, and Engineering: A Global Resource (2nd Edition), Volume 4, (Farmington Hills, Mich.: Gale Cengage Learning), 18-19.
- Bezuidenhout L. South Africa. In McLaughlin K, Pearson GS and Whitby S (eds). BioWeapons Monitor 2014. BioWeapons Prevention Project: Bradford. 2014, 211 - 224. (Available from http://www.bwpp.org/publications.htm.)
- Dhai A. The Ebola crisis: Ethical challenges in the African context. S Afr J BL 2014; 7(2): 42 - 43.
- Howarth G R and Carstens P. Can private obstetric care be saved in South Africa? S Afr B L 2014; 7(2): 69 - 73.
- Moyakhe NP. Quality healthcare: An attainable goal for all South Africans? S Afr BL 2014; 7(2): 80 - 83.
- Shabani M, Bezuidenhout L, Borry P. Attitudes of research participants and the general public towards genomic data sharing: a systematic literature review. Expert Rev. Mol. Diagn 2014: 1–13 (Early online). Available fromhttp://informahealthcare.com/doi/full/10.1586/14737159.2014.961917.
- Sathar A, Dhai A and van der Linde S. Collaborative International Research: Ethical and Regulatory Issues Pertaining to Human Biological Materials at a South African Institutional Research Ethics Committee. Developing World Bioethics 2013. Available from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dewb.12018/abstract.
- Behrens K and Fellingham R. Great Expectations: Teaching Ethics to Medical Students in South Africa. Developing World Bioethics 2013. Available from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dewb.12017/abstract.
- Gardner J and Dhai A. Nanotechnology and Water: Ethical and Regulatory Considerations. In Mishra AK. Water Research and Nanotechnology Application. Wiley. July 2014.
- Gardner J. Ethical issues in public health promotion. S Afr J BL 2014;7(1):30-33.
- Gwandure R, Ross E, Dhai A, Gardner J. Correspondence: Parents’ perceptions of HIV counselling and testing in schools: Study methodology deeply flawed. SAMJ 2014, 104(5): 323-324
- Mapukata-Sondzaba N, Dhai A, Tsotsi N, & Ross E. Developing personal attributes of professionalism during clinical rotations: views of final year bachelor of clinical medical practice students. BMC Medical Education 2014; 14 (1), 146. URLhttp://www.biomedcentral.com/1472-6920/14/146
- Coleman CH, Ardiot C, Blesson S, Bonnin Y, Bompart F, Colonna P, Dhai A, Ecuru J, Edielu A, Hervé C, Hirsch F, Kouyaté B, Mamzer-Bruneel M, Maoundé D, Martinent C, Ntsiba H, Pelé G, Quéva G, Reinmund M, Cor Sarr S, Sepou A, Tarral A, Tetimian D, Valverde O, Van Nieuwenhove S and Strub-Wourgaft N. Improving the quality of host country ethical oversight of international research: The use of a collaborative pre-review mechanism for a study of fexinidazole for human African trypanosomiasis. Developing World Bioethics 2014. URL http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dewb.12068/abstract.
- Gwandure R, Ross E, Dhai A, Gardner J. Parents’ perceptions of HIV counselling and testing in schools: Ethical, legal and social implications. SAMJ 2014; 104(1).
- Behrens KG. Toward an African Relational Environmentalism. In Imafidon E and Bewaji JAI (Eds). Ontologised Ethics: New Essays in African Meta-Ethics. 2014: 55 - 72. Lexingonton Books: Lanham, Boulder, New York, and Plymouth, UK.
- Behrens K. Two ‘Normative’ Conceptions of Personhood. Quest: An African Journal of Philosophy 2011; XXV (1 – 2): 103 – 117.
- Dhai A. The research ethics evolution: From Nuremburg to Helsinki. South African Medical Journal 2014; 104 (3): 178-180.
- Behrens KG. An African Relational Environmentalism and Moral Considerability. Environmental Ethics. Spring 2014; 31 (1): 63 – 82.
- Rid A, Saxena A, Baqui A, Bhan A, Bines J, Bouesseau M, Caplan A, Colgrove J, Dhai A, Gomez-Diaz R, Green SK, Kang G, Lagos R, Loh P, London AJ, Mulholland K, Neels P, Pitisuttithum P, Cor Sarr S, Selgelid M, Sheehan M, Smith PG. Placebo use in vaccine trials: Recommendations of a WHO expert panel. Vaccine 2014.
- Gardner J. Ethical issues in public health promotion. S Afr J BL 2014;7(1):30-33.
- Van Niekerk M, Dhai A, Guidozzi Y. Is there a foundation in South African legislation to require students to disclose their academic status to patients when involved in their care? S Afr J BL 2014;7(1):9-13.
- Dhai A. Limiting donor conceptions to six: Time for change. S Afr J BL 2014;7(1):2-3.
- Behrens K. Virginity testing in South Africa: a cultural concession taken too far. South African Journal of Philosophy 2014: 1 – 11.
- Bezuidenhout L and Gould C. Winning the battle against emerging pathogens: A South African response. Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists, online publication 11 June 2014: 1 -4
- Behrens KG. "Traditional male circumcision: Balancing cultural rights and the prevention of serious, avoidable harm." SAMJ: South African Medical Journal 104.1 (2014): 15-16.
- Egan A. Christianity as an Intellectual Tradition in South Africa: Le Trahihisons des Clercs? In Vale P, Hamilton L and Prinsloo EH. Intellectual Traiditions in South Africa: Ideas, Individuals and Institutions. Pietermaritzburg: University of South Africa Press; 2014: 245 - 267.
- Guidozzi Y. Complying with desirable business practice. Menopause Focus February 2014; 2 (1): 18 - 20.
- Antwi A, Chigumba T, Mutambasere A and Seyuba N. Social conscience and healthcare professionals: Where does one draw the line? SAJBL 2013 Jun, 6 (1): 6 - 9.
- Bajomo AS, Ayo-Yusuf OA, Rudolph MJ and Tsotsi NM. Impact of oral lesions among South African adults with HIV/AIDS on the oral health-related quality of life. Journal of Dental Sciences 2013.
- Behrens K. How Healthy is the Right to Health in SA? The Specialist Forum 2013 Jan: 7 - 11.
- Behrens K. Towards an indigenous African bioethics. SAJBL. 2013 Jun, 6(1) 1: 32 - 35.
- Dhai A. Solidarity and South Africa's Healthcare Professionals (Editorial). SAJBL 2013 Jun; 6 (1): 2 - 3.
- Dhai A and Mahomed S. Biobank Research: Time for Discussion and Debate. SAMJ 2013 Apr; 103 (4): 225 - 227.
- Dhai A and Payne-James J. Problems of capacity, consent and confidentiality. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2013: 59–75.
- Gostin LO, Friedman EA, Buse K, Waris A, Mulumba M, Joel M, Dare L, Dhai A and Sridharh D. Towards a framework convention on global health. Bull World Health Organ 2013; 91:790–793
- Guidozzi Y, Gardner J and Dhai A. Professionalism in the intimate examination: How healthcare practitioners feel about having chaperones present during an intimate consultation and examination. SAMJ 2013 Jan; 103 (1):25 - 27.
- Zvonareva O, Engel N, Ross E, Berghmans R, Dhai A and Krumeich A. Engaging Diverse Social and Cultural Worlds: Perspectives on Benefits in Intnerational Clinical Research from South African Communities. Developing World Bioethics 2013. Available from http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/dewb.12030/abstract.
- Sathar M and Dhai A. Human Biological Materials in Collaborative research - Ethical Issues. Saarbrucken: LAP LAMBERT Academic Publishing; 2013.
- Porter M, Lownie M, Cleaton-Jones P. Maxillofacial injury: A retrospective analysis of time lapse between Injury and treatment in a South African academic maxillofacial and oral surgery unit. SAJS November 2013; 51 (4): 138—142.
- Dhai A. Editorial: Healthcare reform in South Africa: A step in the direction of social justice. SAJBL 2011 Dec; 4(2): 48-9.
- Dhai A. Editorial: Beyond crawling. SAJBL 2011 Jun; 4(1): 2-3.
- Egan A. The Church and War in the 21st Century. 2012. Cluster Publications: Pietermaritzburg.
- Behrens K. Considering African ethical thought and values in a time of moral crisis. The Specialist Forum 2012 Jun: 73 – 76.
- Curzon MEJ and Cleaton-Jones PE. The conduct of dental research: the protocol, a guide. European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry 2012; 13 (3): 108 – 10.
- Cleaton-Jones PE and Curzon MEJ. Submitting and application for research ethics clearance. European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry 2012; 13 (2): 60 – 3.
- Curzon MEJ and Cleaton-Jones PE. Writing scientific papers for publication: Without publication research is sterile. European Archives of Paediatric Dentistry 2012; 13 (1): 4 – 10.
- Gardner J. HIV home testing – a problem or part of the solution? SAJBL 2012 Jun; 5(1): 15 – 19.
- Sathar MA and Dhai A. Laws, regulations and guidelines of developed countries developing countries in Africa and BRICS regions pertaining to the use of human biological materials (HBM) in research. SAJBL; 2012 Jun 5(1): 51 – 54.
- Cleaton-Jones PE. Applications and secretariat workload at the University of the Witwatersrand Human Research Ethics Committee (Medical) 2002 -2012: a case study. SAJBL 2012 Jun; 5(1): 38 – 44.
- Gostin LO and Dhai A. Global health justice: a perspective from the global South on a Framework Convention on Global Health. SAJBL 2012 Jun; 5(1): 33 – 37.
- Meissner-Roloff M, Young W, Rangaka I, Lombaard H, Dhai A, Tsotsi N and Pepper MS. Pilot social feasibility study for the establishment of a public human umbilical cord blood stem cell bank in South Africa. Stem Cell Reviews and Reports 2012 Jun; 5 (1).
- Fellingham R, Dhai A, Guidozzi Y and Gardner J. The ‘war on drugs’ has failed: Is decriminalisation of drug use a solution to the problem? South African Journal of Bioethics and Law; 5(2): 28 – 82.
- o'Grady M. The Right to Know and the Right not to Tell: The Ethics of Disclosure of HIV Status. In Druzin B, EA Engle, V Hans, NM Kamil, D Kolb, S Muntyan, M O'Grady et al. Postmodern quests in applied philosophy. Editura Lumen; 2012. pp 163 - 238.
- Dhai A. Editorial: A health systems that violates patients’ rights to access healthcare. SAJBL June 2012; 5 (1): 2 -3.
- Dhai A. Editorial: Vulnerability exploited and a population betrayed. SAJBL Dec 2012; 5 (2): 62 – 63.
- Dhai A and McQuoid-Mason D. Bioethics, Human Rights and Health Law: Principles and Practice. Claremont: Juta and Co Ltd. 2011. ISBN 978-0-70218-052-1 – 2011
- Cleaton-Jones P and Grossman ES. Pipelines or pipe dreams? PhD production and other matters in a South African dental research institute 1954 - 2006. PiE 2011 Sept; 28(3): 111-25.
- Dhai A. Healthcare reform in South Africa: A step in the direction of social justice. SAJBL 2011 Dec; 4(2): 48-9.
- Dhai A. Beyond crawling. SAJBL 2011 Jun; 4(1): 2-3.
- Dhai A, Etheredge HR, Vorster M and Veriava Y. The public’s attitude towards strike action by healthcare workers and health services in South Africa. SAJBL 2011 Dec; 4(2): 58-62.
- Dhai A, Gardner J, Guidozzi Y, Vorster M, Howarth G. Correspondence: Vaginal deliveries-Is there a need for documented consent? SAMJ 2011 Jul; 101(7):428.
- Dhai A, Gardner J, Guidozzi Y, Vorster M and Howarth G. Professionalism and the intimate examination: are chaperones the answer? SAMJ 2011 Nov; 101(11): 814-16.
- Gardner J. An innovative South African-based Master’s Programme to train bioethics and medical law experts. SAJBL 2011 Dec; 4(2): 102-3.
- Dhai A. Research ethics short course: responsible conduct of research. SAJBL 2011 Dec; 4(2): 109.
- Etheredge HR. Rethinking responsibility in radiography: some ethical issues in South Africa. SAJR 2011; 15(1): 10-3.
- Etheredge HR. An opinion on radiography, ethics and law in South Africa. SAJR 2011; 49(1): 9-12.
- Knapp van Bogaert D and Ogunbanjo GA. Human immunodeficiency virus: confidentiality and disclosure of information to third parties. S Afr Fam Pract 2011; 53(6): 615-17.
- Knapp van Bogaert D and Ogunbanjo GA. Common ethical issues related to HIV/AIDS. S Afr Fam Pract 2011; 53(6): 605-609.
- Dhai A, Gardner J, Guidozzi Y, Howarth G, and Vorster M. Vaginal deliveries: Is there a need for documented consent? SAMJ 2011 Jan; 101(1): 20 - 22.
- Etheredge HR. Rethinking responsibility in radiography: some ethical issues in South Africa. SAJR 2011; 15(1): 10-3.
- Etheredge HR. An opinion on radiography, ethics and law in South Africa. SAJR 2011; 49(1): 9-12.
- Knapp van Bogaert D, Ogunbanjo GA. Human immunodeficiency virus: confidentiality and disclosure of information to third parties. S Afr Fam Pract 2011; 53(6): 615-17.
- Knapp van Bogaert D, Ogunbanjo GA. Common ethical issues related to HIV/AIDS. S Afr Fam Pract 2011; 53(6): 605-609
Dhai A, Etheredge HR, and Cleaton-Jones P. A pilot study evaluating an intervention designed to raise awareness of clinical trials among potential participants in the developing world. JME 2010; 36(4): 238 – 242.
Knapp van Bogaert D. Communication Ethics. In: Patient-Centred Communication and Counselling. Pretorius D, van Rooyen M, and Reinbrech-Schutte (eds).2010 Cape Town: Juta Publishing.
- Knapp van Bogaert D and Ogunbanjo GA. The human genome and gene ‘therapy': Some ethical issues. South African Journal of Family Practice 2010; 52(1): 40-41.
- Knapp van Bogaert D and Ogunbanjo GA. Values and cultural relativism. South African Journal of Family Practice 2010; 52(6) (supplement 1): S1-S4.
- Ogunbanjo GA & Knapp van Bogaert D. Human Cloning: Who or what counts? South African Journal of Family Practice 2010; 52(6) (supplement 1): S5-S8.
- Knapp van Bogaert D & Ogunbanjo GA. Shaping bioethics: environmental bioethics. South African Journal of Family Practice 2010; 52(6) (supplement 1): S9-S12.
- Knapp van Bogaert D and Ogunbanjo GA. 2010. Assistance in dying: Dax’s case and other reflections on the issue. South African Journal of Family Practice, 52(6) (supplement 1): S19-S23.
- Dhai A and McQuoid-Mason D (eds). Bioethics, Human Rights and Health Law – Principles and Practice. 2010. Juta: Cape Town.
- Armstrong A. Fairness and equity in the provision of anti-retroviral therapy: Some reflections from Lesotho. Developing World Bioethics 2010; 10 (3): 129 - 140.
- Knapp van Bogaert D, Ogunbanjo GA. Feminism and the ethics of care. SA Fam Prac 2009; 51(2): 116-118.
- Ogunbanjo GA, Knapp van Bogaert D. The Hippocratic Oath: Revisited. SA Fam Prac 2009; 50(1): 30-31.
- Richter M. Bread, baby shoes or blusher - Myths about social grants and 'lazy' young mothers. SAMJ 2009; 99(2): 94.
- Szabo CP, Dhai A, Veller M, Kleinsmidt A. Surgeons and HIV: South African attitudes. SAMJ 2009; 99(2): 110-113.
- Gardner J. Criminalizing the act of sex work in South Africa. In: The Prize and the Price: Shaping Sexualities in South Africa. Edited by M van Zyl and M Steyn. HSRC Press. 2009; 16: 329-340.
- Etheredge H. Enhancing the doctor-patient relationship: Living, dying and use of the living will. SAJBL 2009; 2(1): 28 - 31.
- o'Grady M. The Right to Know and the Right not to Tell: The Ethics of Disclosure of HIV Status. The Botswana Review of Ethics, Law and HIV/AIDS; 2009 3(1): 17 - 59.
- Barday Z, Dhai A, Davids R, Jacobs J, Kahn D, Kotzenberg C, McCulloch M, Meintjes G, Miller D, Naicker S, Naiker IP, Ndhlovu CE, Venter WDF, Wadee S. Guidelines for renal replacement therapy in HIV-infected individuals in South Africa. The Southern African Journal of HIV Medicine 2008; 34-42.
- Cleaton-Jones P, Vorster M. Workload of a South African university-based health research ethics committee in 2003 and 2007. SAJBL 2008; 1: 38-43.
- Dhai A and McQuoid-Mason D. What does professionalism in health care mean in the 21st century? (Editorial). SAJBL 2008; 1 (1): 2-3.
- Dhai A. Informed consent. SAJBL 2008; 1(1): 27-29
- Dhai A. An introduction to informed consent: Ethico-legal requirements. SADJ 2008; 63(1): 018-020,
- Dhai A. Understanding professionalism in health care in the twenty-first century. SADJ 2008; 63(3): 174-177.
- Dhai A. HIV and AIDS in Africa: social, political and economic realities. Theor Med Bioeth 2008; 29: 293-296.
- Dhai A. Through the looking glass. (Editorial). SAJBL 2008; 1(1): 34-35.
- Knapp van Bogaert D, Ogunbanjo GA. 'Don't ask, don't tell'. Ethical issues concerning learning and maintaining life-saving skills. SA Fam Pract 2008; 50: 52-53.
- Knapp van Bogaert D, Ogunbanjo GA. Post-birth rituals: Ethics and the law. SA Fam Prac 2008; 50(2): 45-46.
- Knapp van Bogaert D, Ogunbanjo GA. Cosmetic surgery and the practice of medicine. SA Fam Prac 2008; 50 (1): 50-52.
- Knapp van Bogaert D. Review of Beyond mothering earth: Ecological citizenship and the politics of care. In-Spire: Jnl of Law, Politics & Societies 2008; 3(1): 58-59.
- Knapp van Bogaert D, Ogunbanjo GA. Concepts concerning 'disease' causation, control and the current cholera outbreak in Zimbabwe. SA Fam Prac 2008; 50 (6): 30-32.
- Knapp van Bogaert D and Richter M. The ghost of AIDS denialism: Manguzi Hospital and dual loyalty. The Southern African Journal of HIV Medicine 2008: 8-14.
- Ogunbanjo GA, Knapp van Bogaert D. Voluntary active euthanasia: Is there a place for it in modern day medicine? SA Fam Prac 2008; 50: 38-39.
- Patel B. Medical negligence and res ipsa loquitur in South Africa. SAJBL 2008; 1(2): 57-60.
- Richter M. Does the power of overripe tomatoes and dusty photos equal that of the bomb? SAMJ 2008; 98(7): 565.
- Richter M. Sex work, reform initiatives and HIV/AIDS in inner-city Johannesburg. African Journal of AIDS Research 2008; 7 (3): 323-333.
- van Bogaert L-J, Dhai A. Ethical challenges of treating the critically ill pregnant patient. Best Practice & Research Clinical Obstetrics and Gynaecology 2008; 22(5): 983-996.
- Venter WDF, Naicker S, Dhai A, Fabian J, Wadee S, Britz R, Paget G, Meintjes G. Uniquely South African: Time to consider offering HIV-positive donor kidneys to HIV-infected renal failure patients? SAMJ 2008; 98: 182-182
- Cleaton-Jones P. Commentary 14.2: Research ethics in South Africa: Putting the Mpumalanga case into context. In: Lavery J, Crady C, Wahl ER and Emanuel FJ (eds). Ethical issues in international biomedical research: A casebook. New York: Oxford University Press. 2007: 240-245.
- Dhai A. HIV and AIDS: Ethical and legal challenges. SADJ 2007; (10): 428-430.
- Dhai A, Szabo CP and McQuoid-Mason DJ. The impaired practitioner - scope of the problem and ethical challenges. Transactions 2007; 51(2) 62-64. (repeat S Afr Med J)
- Knapp van Bogaert D. Ethical considerations in African traditional medicine: A response to Nyika. Developing World Bioeth 2007; 1: 35-40.
- Knapp van Bogaert D, Tangwa G. Commentary 14:1: Context, dual obligations and the vulnerability of independent review. In: : Lavery J, Crady C, Wahl ER, Emanuel FJ (eds). Ethical issues in international biomedical research: A casebook. New York: Oxford University Press. 2007:237 - 239.
- Naidoo S, Ross MH, Dhai A. Ethics in occupational health research in South Africa. Occupational Health Southern Africa 2007; 4-9.
- Schuklenk U, Kleinsmidt A. Rethinking mandatory HIV testing during pregnancy in high HIV-prevalence regions: Ethical and policy issues. Am J Pub Health 2007; 97(7): 1179-1183.
- Cleaton-Jones P. Research injury in clinical trials in South Africa. Lancet 2006; 367: 458-459.
- Dhai A and Mkhize B. The Health Professions Council of South Africa and the medical practitioner. CME 2006; 24: 8-11.
- Dhai A, Szabo CP and McQuoid-Mason DJ. Related articles The impaired practitioner - scope of the problem and ethical challenges. S Afr Med J 2006; 96: 1069-1072.
- Dhai A. The Criminal Law (sexual offences) Amendment Bill implications of criminlaising non-disclosure of HIV status SAMJ 2006; 96: 301-302.
- Madiba TE, Dhai A. Addressing authorship disputes. SAMJ 2006; 96: 49-50.
- Schuklenk U, Kleinsmidt A. Benefit sharing arrangements in bioprospecting and genetic research: A critical ethical and legal analysis. Developing World Bioeth 2006; 6: 122-134.
- Szabo CP, Dhai A, Veller M. Related articles HIV positive status among surgeons - an ethical dilemma. SAMJ 2006; 96: 1072.