Wits’ academic programmes continue to enjoy national and international accreditation. The curriculum is cutting-edge and is continuously enhanced to ensure that our students and staff keep up to date with the newest knowledge from around the globe.
- Has Level 1 accreditation status, the highest level of accreditation awarded by the South African Institute of Chartered Accountants (SAICA).
- Wits students achieved a 91% pass rate in part one of the SAICA qualifying examinations in 2015 and a 93% pass rate in the 2014 SAICA Assessment of Professional Competence examinations.
The Wits Business School:
- WBS's programmes are fully accredited by the South African Council for Higher Education.
- The School’s MBA degree enjoys prestigious international accreditation from the Association of MBAs.
- The WBS is also a member of the Association of African Business Schools, the South African Business Schools Association and the Partnership in International Management.
The School is internationally renowned for its academic and research activities, and was awarded a grant by the Special Programme for Research and Training in Tropical Diseases hosted by the World Health Organization and supported by UNICEF, the UNDP and the World Bank to run an implementation science postgraduate training programme with the University of North Carolina that will identify bottlenecks in health systems and how to address them.
International funders preferentially send students from Africa to the School, which enjoys local and international partnerships with institutions like:
- The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine
- Brown University
- Colorado University
- The Swiss Tropical Institute which foster state of the art public health teaching and research programmes
Wits’ Architecture degrees:
Our architecture degrees are accredited by the South African Council of Architects and the Commonwealth Association of Architects. Planning degrees are accredited by the South African Council for Planning.
The Wits Actuarial Science Programme:
at the Honours level provides exemption from 12 of the examinations required for qualification as a professional actuary of the Actuarial Society of South Africa. This qualification has international recognition with associations such as:
- The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries in the UK
- The Institute of Actuaries of Australia
- The Actuarial Association of Europe
Wits' Engineering degrees
The University’s undergraduate engineering degrees are recognised by the Engineering Council of South Africa and have also been approved by the professional engineering accrediting bodies in the USA, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, the UK, Ireland and Hong Kong.
Wits’ BSc Honours degree in quantity surveying is accredited by:
- The South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession
- The Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors (UK)
- The Chartered Institute of Building (UK)
The BSc Honours in Construction Management is accredited by the Chartered Institute of Building and the South Africa Council for the Project and the Construction Management Professions.
The BSc Construction Studies degree is accredited by both the South African Council for the Quantity Surveying Profession and the South Africa Council for the Project and the Construction Management Professions.