Start main page content
List of Publications
- Guj, P., Martin, S., Maybee, B., Cawood, F., Bocoum, B., Gosai, N. and Huibregtse, S. Transfer Pricing in Mining with a focus on Africa: A Reference Guide for Practitioners, World Bank, Washington, January 2017. pp. 303.
- Kolade O., and Cheng L. (2019) Impulse Noise Mitigation Using Subcarrier Coding of OFDM-MFSK Scheme in Powerline Channel. 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications, Control, and Computing Technologies for Smart Grids (SmartGridComm), Beijing, China, 2019, pp. 1-6.
- Kolade O. and Cheng L., "Permutation-Aided Space-Time Shift Keying for Indoor Visible Light Communication," 2019 IEEE International Conference on Communications, Control, and Computing Technologies for Smart Grids (SmartGridComm), Beijing, China, 2019, pp. 1-6.
- M.Mathey. "Modelling coal pillar stability from mine survey plans in a geographic information system" SAIMM, Feb 2018.
- I. Hussaind, F.T. Cawood, S. Ali "Towards safer mining: scientific measurement approaches that could be applied for imaging and locating the buried container lamp-room at Lily mine", SAIMM, Feb 2018
- I. Zaman, A. Foerster, F.T. Cawood, A. Mahmood, G. Musa, "Wireless sensor development to help find missing miners", EE publishers, March 2018. (Link http://www.ee.co.za/article/wireless-sensor-development-to-help-find-missing-miners.html#.WxYun4qJ4vA.email)
- I. Hussain, F. Cawood, R. V. Olst, “Effect of Tunnel Geometry and Antenna Parameters on Through-The-Air Communication Systems in Underground Mines: Survey and Open Research Areas”, Physical Communication (Elsevier), Mar 2017
- Conceptual Architecture of GIS-Based Ground Behaviour Monitoring and Numerical Predictive Modelling at Sterkfontein Caves with a View to Enhance Safety and Stability. PositionIT June 2017
- Ashraf, H., Cawood, FT. and Ali, S. GIS Based Ground Behaviour Monitoring System to enhance safety and stability. PositionIT, Johannesburg, South Africa. June 2017 pp. 42 - 46.
- Tetteh, M. and Cawood, F.T. Design considerations for critical coal measurement points: Towards accurate reconciliation for integrated mine planning. Journal of Southern African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy Johannesburg, South Africa. July 2017 Vol. 117 pp. 629 – 635.
- Cawood, F.T. Capital. Who owns you? Curiosity, University of the Witwatersrand, December 2017 pp.30- 31. (Link http://www.wits.ac.za/curiosity/)
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2017). Evaluation of line brattice length in an empty heading to improve air flow rate at the face using CFD. International Journal of Mining Science and Technology, Vol. 27, No 2. pp 253-259.
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2017). A CFD model to evaluate variables of the line brattice ventilation system in an empty heading. The Journal of South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Vol. 117. pp 97-108.
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2017). Analysis of ducted fan system variables on ventilation in an empty heading using CFD. The Journal of South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Vol. 117. pp 157-167.
- Mineral Development for Growth: China Pakistan Economic Corridor and its Impacts on Economic and Social Transformation, 2nd International Business and Research Conference 2017, Karachi.
- Cawood, F.T. Policy elements for twenty-first century African mining: Strengthening the existing African Mining Themes with cross-cutting subsets. Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management Vol. No., 2017 pp., Emerald Publishing Limited (Link https://doi.org/10.1108/JSTPM-06-2017-0028).
- Ashraf, H. and Cawood, FT. Mineral development for growth: The case for a new mineral policy framework for Pakistan. Journal of Science and Technology Policy Management Vol. 8 No. 3, 2017 pp. 246-27, Emerald Publishing Limited (Link https://doi.org/10.1108/JSTPM-11-2016-0033).
- Cawood, F.T. Global opportunities for twenty-first century mining. BizTrends 2017. Bizcommunity (Energy and Mining) www.bizcommunity.com/BizTrends.
- Bondarenko, V., Cherniak, V., Cawood, F. and Chervatiuk, V. Technological Safety of sustainable development of coal enterprises. Mining of Mineral Deposits, 11(2), pp. 1-11. (2017) https://doi.org/10.15407/mining11.02.001.
- Grobler H (2016) Does the underground sidewall station survey method meet MHSA standards? South African Journal of Geomatics Vol 5, No 2 (2016): Geomatics Indaba special edition, pp108 -119.
- Maqelepo, A.1 and Zvarivadza, T Evaluation of Real-time Ground Behaviour Monitoring Above Mining Surfaces with a View to Enhance Safety and Stability. 6 th International Conference on Computer Applications in the Minerals Industries, Istanbul, Turkey. 5-7 October 2016.
- I. Hussain, F. Cawood, R. V. Olst, “Statistical Radio Propagation of Underground Mine: A Performance Study with Different Antennas”, IEEE 85th Vehicular Technology, Sydney, 2017. (Accepted but withdrawn).
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2016). Ventilation of underground coal mines – A Computational Fluid Dynamics study. The Mine Ventilation Society of South Africa Conference 2016. Johannesburg, South Africa, 1-2 September. pp 89-95.
- Grobler H. (2016) Azimuth determination by gyroscope, 50 years later, has anything changed? International society of Mine Surveyors, Brisbane, Australia, September 2016, pp 105-112
- Feroze, T., and Genc, B. (2016). Estimating the effects of line brattice ventilation system variables in an empty heading in room and pillar mining using CFD. The Journal of South African Institute of Mining and Metallurgy, Vol. 116. pp 1143-1152.
- Geospatial Subsidence Hazard Modelling at Sterkfontein Caves. South African Journal of Geomatics, Vol. 4, No. 3, August 2015 and Position IT Feb 2016 edition.
- Feroze, T., and Phillips, H. R. (2015). An Initial Investigation of Room and Pillar Ventilation Using CFD to Investigate the Effects of Last Through Road Velocity. 24th International Mining Congress and Exhibition of Turkey (IMCET 15). Antalya, Turkey, 14-17 April. pp. 970-977.