You may apply for a maximum three degrees (order of choice does not matter).
If you apply for two programmes within one Faculty, you are advised to apply for one programme in a less restricted faculty (e.g. Humanities, Commerce or Science).
Try to keep your options open, especially when applying for programmes in Faculties such as Health Sciences or Engineering.
A non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens, and R700 for international applicants, is required.
Closing dates - All 2019 applications for undergraduate full-time study have closed. Applications for 2020 will open in March 2019.
30 June 2018 - Faculty of Health Sciences (all programmes); Bachelor of Architecture; Bachelor of Audiology, Bachelor of Speech-Language Pathology
30 September 2018 - All other University programmes; Residence applications.
Does your degree programme have additional selection procedures?
Some degrees have additional selection requirements such as portfolio and essay submissions, auditions or National Benchmark Testing. Please click on Additional Forms
below to see if this applies to you.
Pay Application Fee
- Non-refundable application fee of R100 for South African citizens
- Non-refundable application fee for International citizens of R700
- Payments to be made before closing dates.
How to pay
Deposit exact amount into the University’s Application fee account:
- Standard Bank, Account name: Wits University - Application Fees. Current Account Number: 200 346 385, Branch code: Braamfontein 004 805. CI Number 074A. (International payment swift code: SBZAZAJJ). Use the unique payment number as a reference
- Pay by cash or credit card at the Wits Fees Office, Ground Floor, Solomon Mahlangu House (Senate House), Braamfontein Campus East, Jorissen Street, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, South Africa
- EFT - Use your person/student number as a reference.