Awards and Achievements
- 47th Annual Congress of the South African Society for Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (SASBCP), in association with Academy of Pharmaceutical Sciences of South Africa (APSSA), the Independent Community Pharmacy Association (IPCA) and the South African Association of Pharmacists in Industry (SAAPI), Cape Town
Shirra Moch and Muhammed Vally were awarded NRF travel grants to present at the congress.
- Belgium Technical Cooperation Fellowship for
research into malaria
Thulani Jonas Mahlangu and Shamillah Holland, received the 2013 Belgium Technical Cooperation Fellowships forresearch into malaria – an award held yet again by a member of the Anti-Malarial Drug Discovery team.
- 5th All Africa Congress of Basic And Clinical Pharmacology in Accra, Ghana.
Associate Professor Robyn L van Zyl and Natasha Jansen van Vuuren, were awarded NRF travel grantsto attend and present at the congress
- 46th Annual Congress of the South African Society for Basic and Clinical Pharmacology (SASBCP), in association with the Department of Family Medicine (UP) and South African Toxicology Society, Pretoria.
Dr Armorel van Eyk and co-authors, Nurit Dahan-Farkas, Jessica Langlands and Sarishka Aboo were awardedthe 2nd prize in the Best Poster Category.The poster was entitled: “The effect of 5 artificial sweeteners on Caco-2, HT-29, K562 and SH-SY5Y cell lines”.
- Belgium Technical Cooperation Fellowship for research into malaria
Natasha Jansen van Vuuren, received the 2011 Belgium Technical Cooperation
Fellowship for research into malaria. This is the fifth time a member of the
Anti-Malarial Drug Discovery team has held this fellowship.
- 6th International Conference on Pharmaceutical and Pharmacological Sciences, Umhalanga, KZN
Bibi Fathima Rahiman-Karim, received the Young Scientist Award for the Best Oral Presentation in the ClinicalResearch Category. The presentation was entitled: "An assessment of pathogen occurrence and antimicrobialresistance in a trauma intensive care unit of a private hospital under an antibiotic stewardship programme"