The Community Engagement Committee of the SHCD commits itself to:
- Promoting community engagement as an active form of academic citizenship
- Promoting the development of academically based community service courses in partnership with communities and service providers.
- Stimulating collaborative research activities which address the developmental needs of our society and which serve the interest of the community.
- Dr. Karin Joubert (Chairperson) Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Dr. Edmarie Pretorius Department of Social Work
- Renate Gericke Department of Psychology
- Malose Langa - Department of Psychology
- Sharon Moonsamy Emthonjeni Centre
- Munyane Mophosho - Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Anniah Mupawose - Department of Speech Pathology and Audiology
- Joseph Seabi Department of Psychology
- Kerry dos Santos Centre for Language and Hearing Impaired Children