The International Students Office (ISO) is a small but energetic team and seeks to complement services provided by Faculties and academic departments to international students.
ISO is the hub of information for international students from over sixty countries, many of which are from the African continent. This provides the office with a unique position to promote internationalisation both at home and abroad.
The ISO offers support to international students which includes:
- Compliance with the Immigration Regulations of South Africa when registering,
- Guidance for the application of study visas and the renewal,
- Providing information and facilitating Matriculation Exemption applications for international students with a foreign matric,
- Promoting and contributing to events hosted by the International Student Sub-Council (ISSC),
- Facilitating city and cultural orientation and excursions.
The office also welcomes study-abroad students. This is a great opportunity for students from partner universities to immerse themselves in the vibrant and innovative activities on campus, in the city and South Africa.
The International Students Office also promotes study abroad opportunities to students registered at Wits University to spend one or two semesters at partner universities for non-degree purposes. For this mobility to take place, there must be a signed fee waiver exchange agreement in place.
Ms Gita Patel
Telephone: +27 11 717 1056
Mrs Busi Mamabolo
Telephone: +27 11 717 1053
Mr Yanga Gqirana
Telephone: +27 11 717 4306
Ms Masego Bosilong
Telephone: +27 11 717 1055
Ms Neo Bodibe
Telephone: +27 11 717 1054
General Enquiries and Letter of Undertaking for study visas: e-mail: StudySA.International@wits.ac.za
Jorissen Street | Braamfontein | Johannesburg | Gauteng Province | Republic of South Africa
International Students Office | University of the Witwatersrand, Johannesburg | Private Bag X3 | Wits | 2050 | Johannesburg | South Africa