CCDU CONTACT DETAILS
In observance of Covid-19 safety protocols the Unit is operating on a hybrid system. Clients are kindly requested to contact CCDU via email at email@example.com or via telephone on 0117179140 (Mon-Fri: 08h00 - 16h30). A relevant staff member will respond telephonically or via email during regular office hours [i.e. Mon-Fri between 08h00-16h30]
For emergency telephonic counselling, please contact the Wits student Crisis Line 0800 111 331 toll free 24/7/365. Wits Students are also encouraged to use the Wits Student Crisis Texting App. Details on how to access the Wits Student Crisis App are posted below.
CCDU BRAAMFONTEIN CAMPUS WEST [Main Office]:
CCDU Building, Braamfontein Campus West, Wits University
Closest Entrance: Gate 9, Enoch Sontonga Ave, Braamfontein.
Tel: 011 717 9140/32
CCDU EDUCATION CAMPUS:
Marang Block, M14 Ground Floor, Education Campus, Parktown,
Tel: 011 717 9140 (Mon-Fri: 08h00 - 16h30)
IMPORTANT HEALTH/SAFETY & SECURITY NUMBERS:
WITS STUDENT CRISIS LINE: 0800 111 331 (TOLL FREE LINE) AVAILABLE 24/7/365
WITS STUDENT CRISIS APP:
THE WITS STUDENT CRISIS TEXTING APP:
The Texting App offers students:
Live chat counselling via the ICAS-Wits App
Free 24/7 support from anywhere in South Africa with network coverage
Real time crisis counselling and support through live chats and confidential sessions, from your smartphone.
How to access the Wits Student Crisis Texting App:
- Search for ICAS On-the-Go on the Google Play Store or the Apple Store
- Fill in the form to register, your company code is: WIT001
- Once registered, you can sign in to access the app and proceed as prompted
CAMPUS HEALTH & WELLNESS CENTRE (CHWC)
Matrix, Braamfontein Campus East: Tel (011) 717 9110/11/13 Available during office hours. Visit the CHWC website .
GENDER EQUITY OFFICE (GEO):
20th Floor, University Corner, Braamfontein (the building above the Wits Art Museum)
Available during office hours (011) 717 9790. Visit the GEO website .
WITS PROTECTION SERVICES:
- Braamfontein Campus (011) 717 4444/6666
- Parktown Health Sciences Campus (011) 717 2222/2232
- Parktown Education Campus (011) 717 3340
- Wits Business School (011) 717 3589
OTHER USEFUL CONTACT INFORMATION FOR AFTER HOURS SUPPORT:
- LifeLine (24 hours) 011 728 1347 or 0861 322 322
- South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG)
- SADAG Helpline : 0800 567 567 SMS 31393 Available 08h00 – 20h00
- SADAG Substance Abuse Helpline, 0800 121314 Available 24hrs
- Akeso Psychiatric Response Unit (24 Hour) 0861 435787
- Family Life Centre, (011) 788 4784/5 Available 08h00 - 20h00
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA), 083 900 6962 Availabe 24-hrs
- SA National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence (SANCA), (011) 917 5015 Available 24-hrs