CONTACT DETAILS DURING COVID 19
Please note that due to the COVID-19 restrictions all office telephones will not be functional and staff will not be available at the any of the CCDU offices to assist clients. Should you wish to contact the Unit please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org . A relevant staff member will respond to your email during regular office hours.
Should you require emergency telephonic counselling, please contact the Wits Student Crisis Line at 0800 111 331 . This number is available to all students toll free 24/7/365
Changes to our contact details during this COVID-19 period will be posted here as the need arises.
CCDU BRAAMFONTEIN CAMPUS WEST [Main Office]:
CCDU Building, Braamfontein Campus West, Wits University
Closest Entrance: Gate 9, Enoch Sontonga Ave, Braamfontein.
Tel: 011 717 9140 / 32 | Email: email@example.com
CCDU EDUCATION CAMPUS:
M14 Ground Floor, Marang Block, Education Campus, Parktown,
Tel: 011 717 9268 |Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Both offices are open Monday-Friday 08h00-16h30
IMPORTANT HEALTH/SAFETY & SECURITY NUMBERS:
- WITS STUDENT CRISIS LINE: 0800 111 331 (TOLL FREE LINE) AVAILABLE 24/7/365
- Campus Health & Wellness Centre (CHWC), Matrix, Braamfontein Campus East: Tel (011) 717 9110/11/13 Available during office hours.
- Gender Equity Office (GEO), 20th Floor, University Corner, corner of Jorissen Street and Jan Smuts Avenue, Braamfontein (the building above the Wits Art Museum) Available during office hours (011) 717 9790. The Gender Equity Office deals with all aspects of gender based harm, e.g Sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape; Sexism / unfair discrimination based on gender or sexual orientation.
- Wits Protection Services:
- Braamfontein Campus (011) 717 4444/6666
- Parktown Health Sciences Campus (011) 717 2222/2232
- Parktown Education Campus (011) 717 3340
- Wits Business School (011) 717 3589
USEFUL CONTACT INFORMATION FOR AFTER HOURS SUPPORT:
Wits STUDENT CRISIS LINE: 0800 111 331
- LifeLine (24 hours) 011 728 1347 or 0861 322 322
- South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG)
- SADAG Helpline : 0800 567 567 SMS 31393 Available 08h00 – 20h00
- SADAG Substance Abuse Helpline, 0800 121314 Available 24hrs
- Akeso Psychiatric Response Unit (24 Hour) 0861 435787
- Family Life Centre, (011) 788 4784/5 Available 08h00 - 20h00
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA), 083 900 6962 Availabe 24-hrs
- SA National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence (SANCA), (011) 917 5015 Available 24-hrs