CCDU CONTACT DETAILS DURING COVID 19
The Counselling and Careers Development Unit, during Covid-19 Level 1 Lockdown, is commencing a phased re-opening of the CCDU at its central office on Braamfontein Campus West. Due to the precautions that still need to be observed with regard to Covid-19, the Unit will be operating on a hybrid system.
Students are welcome to utilise all CCDU services, which in the interim will be offered on a hybrid system. For assistance and support or information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 011 717 9140 (Mon-Fri: 08h00- 16h30). Emails will be responded to during regular office hours.
CCDU BRAAMFONTEIN CAMPUS WEST [Main Office]:
The telephone at this office will at present be answered during the period 08h00-14h00 Mon-Fri. Clients are also welcome to use the Unit's email address email@example.com.
CCDU Building, Braamfontein Campus West, Wits University
Closest Entrance: Gate 9, Enoch Sontonga Ave, Braamfontein.
CCDU EDUCATION CAMPUS:
This office is currently closed and contact is via the email address below.
M14 Ground Floor, Marang Block, Education Campus, Parktown,
Emails will be responded to during regular office hours [i.e. Mon-Fri between 08h00-16h30]
IMPORTANT HEALTH/SAFETY & SECURITY NUMBERS:
- WITS STUDENT CRISIS LINE: 0800 111 331 (TOLL FREE LINE) AVAILABLE 24/7/365
- WITS STUDENT CRISIS APP:
The Wits Student Crisis Texting App offers students:
- Live chat counselling via the ICAS-Wits App
- Free 24/7 support from anywhere in South Africa with network coverage
- Real time crisis counselling and support through live chats and confidential sessions, from your smartphone.
How to access the Wits Student Crisis Texting App:
- Search for ICAS On-the-Go on the Google Play Store or the Apple Store
- Fill in the form to register, your company code is: WIT001
- Once registered, you can sign in to access the app and proceed as prompted
- Campus Health & Wellness Centre (CHWC), Matrix, Braamfontein Campus East: Tel (011) 717 9110/11/13 Available during office hours.
- Gender Equity Office (GEO), 20th Floor, University Corner, corner of Jorissen Street and Jan Smuts Avenue, Braamfontein (the building above the Wits Art Museum) Available during office hours (011) 717 9790. The Gender Equity Office deals with all aspects of gender based harm, e.g Sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape; Sexism / unfair discrimination based on gender or sexual orientation.
- Wits Protection Services:
- Braamfontein Campus (011) 717 4444/6666
- Parktown Health Sciences Campus (011) 717 2222/2232
- Parktown Education Campus (011) 717 3340
- Wits Business School (011) 717 3589
OTHER USEFUL CONTACT INFORMATION FOR AFTER HOURS SUPPORT:
- LifeLine (24 hours) 011 728 1347 or 0861 322 322
- South African Depression and Anxiety Group (SADAG)
- SADAG Helpline : 0800 567 567 SMS 31393 Available 08h00 – 20h00
- SADAG Substance Abuse Helpline, 0800 121314 Available 24hrs
- Akeso Psychiatric Response Unit (24 Hour) 0861 435787
- Family Life Centre, (011) 788 4784/5 Available 08h00 - 20h00
- Narcotics Anonymous (NA), 083 900 6962 Availabe 24-hrs
- SA National Council on Alcoholism & Drug Dependence (SANCA), (011) 917 5015 Available 24-hrs