Counselling and Careers Development Unit (CCDU)
The CCDU provides a welcoming and safe space to students, to enhance their well-being and contribute to their academic success .
Based on an ethos of student-centeredness, the Unit is staffed by a dedicated team of professionals inclusive of psychologists, social workers, careers educators, life coaches and administrators who offer a variety of supportive and empowering services to the student community.
The following services are available through the Counselling & Careers Development Unit:
- Career Services - career development through career counselling/education, psychometric career assessments and personal development workshops.
- Therapy Services - one-on-one counselling and/or group therapy, trauma debriefing and psycho-education in the form of workshops and talks.
- HIV/AIDS Education and Support services - holistic interventions and programmes for students affected and infected by HIV/AIDS.
- Learn for Life - is a structured programme that provides psychosocial learning and life skills development for students through the facilitation of group processes, presentations, workshops and trainings.
- Graduate Recruitment - A programme that facilitates contact between students and prospective employers through the organisation of career exhibitions, company presentations, and foyer interviews.
- University Student Employment - facilitates student placement for part time, flexi time and/or temporary work.
2015 GRP BOOKLET
A hard copy of the booklet can be obtained from the CCDU on West Campus