The weightings of assessments have also been reviewed in line with the Faculty’s recommendations. An examination and assessment schedule for the Faculty of Health Sciences is available here: http://www.wits.ac.za/health/faculty-services/staff-and-student-downloads/
Health Sciences General:
Any queries relating to undergraduate assessments or examinations, please contact Mrs Henda van der Walt (email@example.com)
Specific Schools within the Faculty:
- School of Anatomical Sciences - The weightings of assessments have been reviewed in line with Faculty of Health Sciences recommendations. For further enquiries, please contact Dr D Brits at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- School of Physiology - Assessments have been scheduled as per the published examination timetable and any details relating to a specific course should be directed to the coordinator responsible.
- School of Therapeutic Sciences - All programmes have communicated with students through the specific UG and course coordinators. High stakes assessments and all practical and clinical assessments are being deferred until the second half of the year. Should you have any queries contact the following HODs for the programmes in the school namely:
- Bachelor of Nursing(B Nurs) MFA07 - Associate Professor Shelley Schmollgruber
- Bachelor of Pharmacy (B Pharm) MFA04- Professor Yahya Choonara
- Bachelor of Science Occupational Therapy (BSc Occupational Therapy) MFA03 - Dr Fasloen Adam
- Bachelor of Science Physiotherapy (BSc Physiothera py) MFA02 - Associate Professor Veronica Ntsiea
- Pharmacology courses- (Phar4003A,3002A) - Professor Robyn Van Zyl
- Sports and Exercise Science – Professor Demitri Constantinou
- School of Clinical Medicine
- MBBCH - All information relating to assessments has been made available on SAKAI and the November Examination timetable. Any queries relating to MBBCh I and II, please contact Dr Carol Hartmann (Carol.email@example.com or Edgar.Phukubje@wits.ac.za). For queries relating to MBBCh III (GEMP I) and MBBCH IV (GEMP II), please contact Dr Dina-Ruth Lulua (Dinafirstname.lastname@example.org). For queries relating to MBBCh V (GEMP III) and MBBCH VI (GEMP IV), please contact Dr Loredano Bocchino (Loredano.email@example.com).
- BCMP - All information has been shared with students registered for this degree, but for specific queries, please contact Mr Scott Smalley (Scott.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- School of Public Health - For queries relating to Public Health II and III please contact Mr Themba Sigudu (Themba.email@example.com)
- School of Oral Health Sciences - Assessment information has been shared with all students registered for the degrees of Bachelor of Oral Health Sciences and the Bachelor of Dental Science. For specific queries relating to BDS, please contact Professor Joy Shackleton (firstname.lastname@example.org) and for BOHSc please contact Tshakane Ralephenye (Tshakane.email@example.com)
- School of Pathology - For queries relating to HAEM3002A, Molecular Medicine III, please contact Mr Kuban Naidoo (firstname.lastname@example.org
Bachelor of Health Sciences
Any general queries relating to examinations and assessments should be directed to the Programme coordinator, Ms Nabeelah Bemath (Nabeelah.email@example.com).
For queries relating specifically to Health Systems Sciences:
- Health Systems Sciences I or II - Stephen Pentz (Stephen.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Health Systems Sciences III - Kyrtania Pather (Kyrtania.email@example.com)