A Research-led Approach to Teacher Education for Diversity
The Chair's research focuses on the following themes:
- Social justice in and through education
- Pre-service teacher education and lifelong professional learning
- Teaching and learning for diverse learners and diverse educational contexts
- Comparative and international perspectives in teacher education
- Transformation, innovation, and decolonial futures in teacher education
Research Projects The Chair has extended its intellectual footprint to include collaborations with a number of individuals and institutions that cut across several continents with a research agenda that resonates globally with local relevance. The research agenda is drafted in the context of the need for collaborative global attention to scholarly work on education.
Socially just pedagogies for education.
To draw global attention to scholarly work on education.
To produce knowledge about education that is globally relevant and locally responsive.
To lead research initiatives grounded in the concerns of educational practice.
The work of the UNESCO Chair is conducted through a Chair Forum, a strong transcontinental community of thinkers and researchers, that reconnect different parts of the world through the forum.