English Home Language OR First Additional Language Level 5
Mathematics Level 6
Physical Science Level 6
Applicants with 40-42 points may be wait-listed, subject to place availability.
National Benchmark Test
All Faculty of Science applicants must write the National Benchmark Tests (NBT) before being considered for admission.
There are two tests: The Academic and Quantitative Literacy Test and the Mathematics Test. Your test results are used in addition to your Grade 12 results to identify students who may need additional support during the course of their studies.
Rules for the NBT
You must register on the NBT website, or via mobile phone, to write the tests. Registration closes about three weeks before each test date. You can register for the NBT before you submit your application to Wits. DO NOT wait for an official notification from Wits to register for and write the tests, because you may miss the end of September deadline.
- The test fee can be paid once you have registered to write the test.
- The tests must be written by 31 October 2022. You are encouraged to write the tests as early as possible.
- For a comprehensive list of test dates, registration dates and available venues, please refer to the NBT website www.nbt.ac.za
- Both tests must be written in one session.
- ONLY the first attempt results will be considered so we advise against writing the tests more than once in a year.