- Game Developer
- Systems Administrator
- Game Writer
- VR Developer
Your first two years includes core academic and professional concepts:
Critical Arts Analysis
Storytelling and Drawing
3D Modeling and Animation
Once you move into the 3rd and 4th year levels of study, you continue with critical theory, and choose your specialisations from a range of professional majors:
In the senior years, you will be able to experiment with growing technologies like VR and AR, and produce large-scale creative projects. We will be sending you off with a broad portfolio with which to enter industry.
- Digital Art Theory IIIA AND IIIBFilm
- Film, Visual and Performing Arts IIIA: Aesthetics, Technologies and Commodity Cultures
- Film, Visual and Performing Arts IIIB: Medium, Process and Criticality
AND, choose to pairs for specialisation:
- Writing and Interactivity IIIA AND IIIB
- Interactive Media IIIA AND IIIB
- Animation IIIA AND IIIB
- Game Design IIIA AND IIIB
- Digital Arts Research Project
- Digital Art Project IV
AND, select two courses from the following:
- Animation IV
- Game Design IV
- Interactive Media IV
- Writing and Interactivity IV
English Home Language OR First Additional Language Level 5
Applicants with an entry requirement of at least 30-33 APS points are wait-listed, subject to place availability.
Additional Selection Criteria
You will be required to attend a digital arts workshop and/or complete a questionnaire. Go to Additional Requirements for more information. Due to limited space, meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee a place. Final selection is made subject to place availability, academic results, and other entry requirements, where applicable.
University Application Process
- The Student Enrolment Centre at Wits handles all student applications.
- Please click here for an overview of the application process.
- Check the admission requirements for your degree. Check if any additional selection requirements apply.
- Submit your application, required documentation and application fee before the closing date.
- Once you have applied, an admissions consultant will be assigned to your application.
- Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications via the Self Service Portal.
- If you are an international applicant and/or have a foreign qualification, please click here.
Compliance with the minimum requirements does not guarantee a place at the University. The University has a specific number of places for first year undergraduates, approved by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
University Fees and Funding
Click here to see the current average tuition fees for the first year of study. The Fees website also provides information about the payment of fees and closing dates for fees payments. Once you have applied you will be able to access the fees estimator on the student self-service portal.
The Financial aid office provides information on student funding and scholarships. University-funded Scholarships include Vice-Chancellor's Scholarships, University Entrance Scholarships, Equality Scholarships, Sports Scholarships and National Olympiad winner awards. For information about NSFAS funding, please visit the NSFAS website. External bursaries portal: The Bursaries South Africa website provides a comprehensive list of bursaries in South Africa.
Wits Plus applicants: terms of payment are in accordance with University regulations, and students are not eligible for University bursaries/NSFAS or residential accommodation.