Do you have a flair for planning, organising and teamwork? Are you an effective communicator who can motivate others? Do you see yourself leading a Fortune 500 company or as South Africa’s next successful entrepreneur? If so, consider majoring in Management.
Topics covered include leadership and the role of managers; managing individuals, groups, and teams; organisational development and behaviour; project management, innovation and intrapreneurship management and strategic management; and the theory and practice of entrepreneurship and new venture creation.
Those with an entrepreneurial flair may start their own businesses, or become small business advisors or business consultants.
- Compliance Manager
- Manager in Public Works and Health
- Manager in Tourism
- Marketing Manager
- Operations Manager
- Project Manager
- Strategic Planning Director
- Training Manager
Top Management posts include:
- Chief Executive Officer
- Chief Operating Officer
- Company President
- General Manager
- Managing Director
- Information Systems
- Human Resources Management
- Insurance and Risk management
English Home Language OR First Additional Language Level 5
Mathematics Level 5
Applicants with an APS of 35-37, as well as English Level 5 and Mathematics Level 5, will be wait-listed subject to place availability.
University Application Process
- The Student Enrolment Centre at Wits handles all student applications.
- Please click here for an overview of the application process.
- Check the admission requirements for your degree. Check if any additional selection requirements apply.
- Submit your application, required documentation and application fee before the closing date.
- Once you have applied, an admissions consultant will be assigned to your application.
- Applicants can monitor the progress of their applications via the Self Service Portal.
- If you are an international applicant and/or have a foreign qualification, please click here.
Compliance with the minimum requirements does not guarantee a place at the University. The University has a specific number of places for first year undergraduates, approved by the Department of Higher Education and Training. Final selection is made subject to the availability of places, academic results and other entry requirements where applicable.
University Fees and Funding
Click here to see the current average tuition fees for the first year of study. The Fees website also provides information about the payment of fees and closing dates for fees payments. Once you have applied you will be able to access the fees estimator on the student self-service portal.
The Financial aid office provides information on student funding and scholarships. University-funded Scholarships include Vice-Chancellor's Scholarships, University Entrance Scholarships, Equality Scholarships, Sports Scholarships and National Olympiad winner awards. For information about NSFAS funding, please visit the NSFAS website. External bursaries portal: The Bursaries South Africa website provides a comprehensive list of bursaries in South Africa.
Wits Plus applicants: terms of payment are in accordance with University regulations, and students are not eligible for University bursaries/NSFAS or residential accommodation.