- Outstanding performance in suitable honours degree.
- A supervisor from the School must be identified and approached prior to application.
The topic of the Masters by research should be supported by demonstrate excellent performance in prior studies that provides the candidate with the requisite knowledge and skills to successfully undertake Masters level research. If the prior studies are not in the correct area of study or do not include the requisite background knowledge or skills, the applicant is likely to be rejected.
Please note that acceptance into the programme is contingent on supervision capacity. Unfortunately, it cannot be guaranteed that a suitable supervisor will be available for every prospective student. Please first contact staff members within your relevant department with similar research areas before your application can be completed.
The following documents need to be submitted with your application:
1. Certified copy of your degree certificates
2. Certified copy of academic transcripts as well as grade key
3. All certificates need to be transcribed to English if in another language.
4. SAQA evaluation (International applicants)
5. Proof of English proficiency (International applicants)
6. Curriculum Vitae
7. Letter of motivation
8. A brief (5-10 page) proposal outlining your area of research interest
Your application will only be assessed once all the above documentation has been submitted.
We will unfortunately not be able to assess your application without your SAQA certificate or application fee.