The WITS otorhinolaryngology circuit is made up of the following units: Charlotte Maxeke Johannesburg Academic Hospital, Chris Hani Baragwanath Academic Hospital Helen Joseph Hospital, Rahima Moosa mother and child Hospital.
The circuit offers comprehensive otorhinolaryngology, head and neck services to southern Gauteng and the North-West province. This includes both general and sub-specialty fields. The sub-specialty services offered include:
- Neuro-rhinology and skull base
- Head and neck surgery and Oncology
- Paediatric otorhinolaryngology
To provide a comprehensive Otorhinolaryngology service in line with international best practice standards.
- To produce well trained specialists
- Academic excellence and innovative research
- Use of technology in advancing skills and development