Two formal qualifications are offered by the Centre:
Postgraduate Diploma in Health Science Education
This programme is open to any person who has a four year degree in one of the health science professions and who has at least two years teaching experience.
The diploma consists of four modules:
- Theories of teaching and learning
- Teaching methodologies
- Assessment in the health sciences
- Curriculum design in the health sciences
The diploma can be done on a full time or part time basis.
Delivery of the diploma is through a block release system – there is a compulsory contact week at the beginning of each module. Prior to the contact week a reading list is provided.
Masters in Health Science Education
This is a course work Masters and will be offered from the beginning of 2017. It consists of the following modules:
- Scholarship of teaching and learning in the health sciences
- Curriculum Philosophy and design in the health sciences
- Theory and practice of assessment in the health sciences
- Qualitative Research development - pt 1
- Quantitative Research development - pt 1
- Evidence-informed decision making
- Research project – part 2
- Educational strategies for the clinical sciences