EDTEA Aeronautical Engineering Bursaries
The Department of Economic Development Tourism and Environmental Affairs is offering three Bursaries to aspiring Aeronautical Engineers from KwaZulu-Natal.
The KwaZulu-Natal Department of Economic Development, Tourism and Environmental Affairs (EDTEA) is offering three (3) bursaries to KwaZulu-Natal Grade 12 pupils from disadvantaged backgrounds to pursue studies in Aeronautical Engineering at Wits University for the 2018 academic year.
KwaZulu-Natal residents and South African citizens
- The student must be from a disadvantaged background and preferably from rural areas
- The student must be accepted by Wits University to study the Aeronautical Engineering programme
- Only selected candidates within the 15-34 years age cohort will be accepted.
- A brief motivation will be required explaining why the bursary is required
- Completed application forms
- Proof of residence in KwaZulu-Natal (statement of water, lights, rates or taxes)
- Parent’s/guardian’s certified copy of Identity Card
- Grade 11 end of year and Grade 12 mid-year reports
- Students are expected to forward their acceptance letters upon receiving them from Wits University • Parent’s or guardian’s proof of income documentation (salary payslips, bank statements, etc).
- Covers tuition fees, residential, prescribed books, food and allowance
- The bursary is renewable every year depending on the academic performance of the student
- Closing date for submission of applications is strictly on 31 October 2017 (no late applications will be accepted).
Enquiries: Mr Mfanafuthi Sikhakhane, tel. (033) 264-2635, e-mail: Mfanafuthi.Sikhakhane@kznedtea.gov.za
Click here for more information.