Partner with the School of Architecture & Planning to Advance Your Career and Build the Community
Through its teaching, research, creative work, and community engagement, SoAP has a significant role to play and makes a positive societal impact. Over the past 100 years, it has responded to changing conditions in cities, communities and built environments in South Africa, and in the rapidly globalizing and urbanised world. Students and professionals wishing to pursue a career in architecture or planning, and those seeking to further develop their knowledge-base, will find opportunities for specialisation as well as research enquiry within our degree offering. The School’s ethos prioritises:
- Partnering with applicants to continue upskilling in areas of specialization and fields of interest.
- Appraising and deploying disciplines-specific technological trends in architecture, spatial planning, and urbanism as tools for teaching, learning, and practice.
- Studying the critical histories and theories of architectural and spatial planning, including diversity as a significant factor.
Click on the links below for the application closing dates and admission requirements for each degree programme.
Honours and Diploma Study
- Bachelor of Architectural Studies with Honours
- BSc Honours in Urban and Regional Planning
- Postgraduate Diploma in Planning
- MSc Development Planning
- MSc in Urban and Regional Planning by Research
- Master of Architecture (Professional)
- Master of Architecture (Research)