Closing dates for 2020 amendments are as follows:
- First term amendments: tba
- Second term amendments: tba
- Once the closing date has passed, courses may only be dropped* for the Second term as per Rule 5.9.2 p. 12 "...a student may not cancel his/her registration for a particular course less than one month prior to the start of the final examination session in which the assessment for that course is held". However, fees will be payable after the amendment period. *Keep in mind that you need a certain number of points (depending on your Year of Study) to pass your year.
- Amendment dates are available at the Faculty Office but are standardly the first two weeks of the first semester and the first two weeks of the second semester.
- Cancellation charges for late amendments and cancellations are laid out in the fees booklet.
NO amendments will be accepted after above-mentioned closing dates.
- Amendments received during the above-mentioned dates will be processed on a daily basis. Please check with the Faculty at 12H00 of the following day to see if your amendment has been successfully processed.
- Ensure that your units are not clashing on the timetable. Faculty will not be able to register you if there are clashes on your timetable.
- Check your iWits e-mail address for all correspondence for example: registration confirmation letter, examination results and registration information.
- You are NOT allowed to attend classes in units that you are NOT enrolled for and thus you must confirm that amendments are done before attending any new class.
- Amendments to personal details forms will be available from the Faculty Office - Room 7, South West Engineering Building, you may also download the form Amendment Form .
- Please read the Faculty Rules and Syllabus and Fees booklets provided to you and please ensure that you are familiar with the specific closing dates as set out in the 2020 Fees Data.
- Amendment to enrolment (courses and/or units) forms will be available from the Faculty Office during the Amendment periods only.
For Curriculum Counselling during amendment week please see*:
Ms Nompumelelo Bhengu in Room 2 South West Engineering Building, Ground Floor
Please e-mail for an appointment.
Special Concessions refer to special permission requested from the Faculty for changes to study that are not part of the current curriculum.
Examples of such concessions
- Concurrent enrolment at two universities
- concurrent enrolment in two faculties
- completion of one outstanding unit (two modular courses) at another South African university,
- Enrolment for more than eight modular courses in the academic year
- Enrolment for a course for the third time
- Enrolment for a course not forming part of the curriculum.
Application for Special Concessions
Click on Special Concession Form to download the application for special concessions form. Please note that once a decision is made you will be notified via your I-Wits e-mail account.