About - Faculty of Humanities
The Faculty of Humanities offers an extensive range of programmes, some of which are vocationally oriented, while others are theory and research-oriented.
Why choose a Bachelor of Arts degree?
- The BA degree encourages critical and independent thinking, and is challenging and thought-provoking.
- The BA degree offers students a wide range of subjects.
- The flexibility of a BA allows you more choice in the construction of your degree.
- BA study can lead to postgraduate qualifications - Hons, MA and PhD, including a PDM or MBA.
- You can pursue a professional degree within a BA degree (for example, Law).
- Courses within a BA degree are relevant in the workplace.
- The BA degree prepares students for a large range of jobs, and gives students many different skills.
Our programmes seek to be at the cutting edge of postgraduate studies by taking innovative multi-disciplinary, cross-disciplinary and trans-disciplinary approaches, linking the arts, social sciences, natural science, law and management. Students go through rigorous theoretical and methodological training which imparts strong research and analytical skills and enables them to adapt to the constantly changing world of work in the 21st Century.
- The Counselling and Careers Development Unit offers career development through career counselling/education, psychometric career assessments and personal development workshops.
- The Student Enrolment Centre (SEnC) is a "one-stop" shop for first-year students who are entering Wits for the first time. They will answer all your questions and help you to complete all the relevant admission requirements efficiently.
- Already know what you want to study? View our career path tool.
- The Financial Aid and Scholarship Office will give you any information that you need on the range of scholarships and bursaries available to Wits students.