The core aim is to be the service provider of choice in a globally competitive environment where service excellence is the gold standard in the provision and academic development of Sports Medicine, Sports Science, Health, Research and Community outreach for all.
To be the department of choice for Sports Medicine, Sport Science, Health and Fitness solutions for all South Africans. It is committed to the responsibility of promoting health in all and optimising athletic performance at all levels.
The Department offers the following services:
- Sport and Exercise Science consultations
- Sports Medicine consultations
- High performance testing for athletes at all levels
- Biokinetic rehabilitation services
- Chronic disease rehabilitation including but not limited to cardiac rehab, pulmonary, neurological conditions
- A variety of interventions such as low back classes, fall risk classes, weight management, pregnancy exercise classes, aquatic exercises
- Injury assessment
- Health and wellness
- Corporate wellness
- Work readiness evaluations