The WITS PhD Seminar, Day 2
|When:||Wednesday, 30 September 2020 - Wednesday, 30 September 2020|
PHD Seminar Second Session
Wits PhD presentation by competition finalists
30 September 2020: Session 2
- 09:00 hr 12 Melanie Moodie: “Vaccine Voices”- the antidote to the pandemic of scientific misinformation
- 09:25 hr 13 Mwansa Ketty Lubeya: Impact of the COVID 19-Pandemic on delivery of the human papillomavirus vaccine to adolescent girls in Zambia
- 09:50 hr 14 Ndivhuwo Shumbula: Surface enhanced Raman scattering/spectroscopy and its potential in early detection of diseases: Towards diagnostics and combating Covid-19 pandemic
- 10:15 hr 15 Onyinye Jennifer Uwaezuoke: A neoteric biomaterial design for limiting mucous surface interaction with pandemic-causing viral proteins.
- 10:40 hr 16 Ruth Stephenson: The importance of wastewater treatment during a pandemic and the role that constructed wetlands can play in rural communities.
- 11:10 hr 17 Seyram Pearl Kumah: African financial markets in a storm: Cryptocurrency safe havens during the COVID-19 pandemic
- 11:35 hr 18 Tamlyn Naidu: Pandemic Prevention using Early Detection Techniques in Wastewater: Using our Sewage System to Curb Infection Rates
- 12:00 hr 19 Tumelo Moshoette: DNA ORIGAMI: The molecular art of getting viruses ‘to fold'
- 12:25 hr 20 Vieviene. A. Antifon: IS IT TIME FOR CLIMATE PLANNING FOR THE SAKE OF PUBLIC HEALTH? A MESSAGE FROM THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC
- 12:50 hr 21 David M. Witelson: Pandemic: indigenous southern African notions of unstoppable disease and how to fight it
- 13:15 hr 22 Zakhele Ndala: Redesigning the face mask for the inactivation of airborne viruses
Close of event:
- 13:40 Professor Robert Muponde, Director: Postgraduate Affairs Office