Covid-19 and its socio-economic impacts within South Africa
|When:||Wednesday, 05 August 2020 - Wednesday, 05 August 2020|
The DSI-NRF Centre of Excellence in Human Development and the Global Health Research Institute together with partners will host this webinar.
- Mr Zeph Nhleko, Chief economist, Development Bank of Southern Africa (DBSA) │An overview of the economic impact upon South(ern) Africa and how an expanded infrastructure programme is crucial for the economic recovery from the recession
- Professor Imraan Valodia, Southern Centre for Inequality Studies, Wits University │What are the possibilities for a more equitable, more resilient and more sustainable South African economy in the wake of the Covid-19 crisis and what will it require?
- Professor Ronelle Burger, University of Stellenbosch still │What has been the social impact of Covid-19 in South Africa and has there been sufficient social solidarity?
- Mrs Ilanza Perold, Cape Peninsula University of Technology │ What has been the socio-economic impact of the cancellation in South Africa of major public events?
- Dr Kalyanaraman Kumaran, Global Health Research Institute (Southampton) │Moderation and response