The Coursework Masters in Finance programme comprises a research report (30,000 - 40,000 words) together with 4 courses - 2 compulsory and 2 electives as shown below.
For non-Wits students on the programme the coursework Masters in Finance includes an additional voluntary course in research methods (BUSE4020A) which will aid candidates in completing the research report.
A student will be required to pass four courses (23 credits each) from the list below:
- Advanced Theory of Investment - Compulsory
- Advanced Theory of Corporate Finance - Compulsory
- Portfolio Management – Recommended elective
- Advanced Theory of Derivatives – Recommended elective
- Time‐series Econometrics – Recommended elective
- Advanced Financial Risk Management - Recommended elective
As well as 50% Dissertation - Compulsory (92 credits).