BEd (South African Sign Language)
Learning outcomes for the SASL course
The following outcomes are envisaged as being achieved through this course. These outcomes are provided to assist you in identifying the central aims of the course. These outcomes also help you to asses your personal progress and development.
- Introducing and developing knowledge of South African Sign Language.
- Developing skills of communication – production, receptive, recording (writing) and viewing (reading) – appropriate to the learner’s level.
- Providing skills for self – development in learning SASL.
- Introducing the learners to the concept of the Deaf Community, Deaf Culture and Deaf Identity.
- Developing appropriate classroom practice for the learning and teaching SASL as a foreign or third language.
- Introducing an academic and working knowledge of SASL