Aims and Objectives
WIDS aims to take advantage of the latest technology and approaches by building business intelligence capacity by strengthening both direct academic support and through increased human capital development. WIDS will seek to engage industry and academia in strengthening this position.
- Act as a central point (or hub) to organise data science activities around three complementary areas:
- Mathematical foundations of data science: modeling, statistics, optimisation, algorithms, machine learning
- Systems aspects of data science: database systems, data cleaning, data management, data integration, data visualisation, computational technology
- Cross-disciplinary collaborations with domain research people across the campus
- Train and educate the new generation of data scientists
- Promote data science innovation through close collaboration with partners from industry and the public sector