People and resources
The project will be incubated within the Southern Centre for Inequality Studies at the University of the Witwatersrand. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is providing core funding for the first 24 months.
The project will seek to augment these resources with programme-specific support and contributions from other donors.
The core project team is composed as follows.
- Michael Sachs (Project convenor)
- Arabo Ewinyu (Research manager)
- Imraan Valodia (Research fellow)
- Phillip Krause (Research fellow)
An advisory panel composed of individuals with expertise drawn from academia and government, helps guide the work of the project:
- Tania Ajam | University of Stellenbosch
- Zukiswa Kota | Public Sector Accountability Monitor
- Ismael Momoniat | National Treasury
- Russel Rensburg | Rural Health Advocacy Project
- Andrew Donaldson | SALDRU, University of Cape Town
- Geci Karuri-Sebina | Wits School of Governance
- Mamokete Lijane | ABSA bank
- Abba Omar | Mapungubwe Institute for Strategic Reflection
A broader network of international and local partners is being developed.