Announcing the top 16 PIL Moot teams
- Lee-Anne Bruce
CALS and the Student Litigation Society announce the 16 teams through to the third round of this year's Public Interest Law Moot Court Competition
The Centre for Applied Legal Studies and the Student Litigation Society are proud to announce the top 16 teams who have made it through to the virtual oral rounds of this year's Public Interest Law Moot Court Competition (in no particular order):
- Odwa Dokomfana and Londiwe Mazibuko (University of Johannesburg)
- Tsele Bareng, Dobie Katishi Maloba and Jowie Diphoko (North West University)
- Kamogelo Mathekga, Luvuyo Morshabi and Thabiso Gwayana (Wits University)
- Tendai Mikioni, Benevolio Mgcini Tshuma and Zilungile Mbali (University of Fort Hare)
- Tshepo Sindane, Alfred Claasen and Paballo Tshabalala (UNISA)
- Thabang Phoshodi and Thabisile Mahatlane (Rhodes University)
- Vuyisa Ndinisa, Phumla Nosihle Nkosi and Nonsikelelo Selusiwe Ngcobo (UNISA)
- Chimwemwe Phiri and Bokang Mphuthi (Rhodes University)
- Asiphe Mqamane, Mandisa Maphepha and Sxolile Lugongolo (UNISA)
- Miranda Mahkuntsu and Ludwe Mbeceni (University of Fort Hare)
- Michelle Knight and Diphomotswe Seane (University of Johannesburg)
- Mxolisi Buthelezi, Nosipho Nkosi and Mhlengi Nxumalo (University of KwaZulu-Natal)
- Lesiba Phahlane, Mudzielwana Zwothe and Motimele Masenyabu (University of Limpopo)
- Mthabiseng Celina Siximba and Sinoxolo Marurumbana (University of Fort Hare)
- Emily Moshodi and Liete Van Der Eems (UNISA)
- Lusanda Mahkuntsu and Alfred Mahkuntsu (University of Fort Hare)
We send our congratulations to all the teams who have made it through to the top 16. These teams will now have the chance to participate in masterclasses with advocates who have argued before the Constitutional Court. We look forward to reading the next round of the competition, which sees teams participating in virtual oral argument from 15 – 16 March. We send our deepest thanks to all the reviewers and markers who assisted us this year.
Read more about this year's PIL Moot Court Competition here.
For more information, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.