Sports bursaries are a powerful tool to change individual lives, sports codes and ultimately society: read more about Wits’ new Sport Transformation Fund.
The first recipient of a bursary from the fund is Sisipho Magwaza, from Hoërskool Transvalia in Vanderbijlpark. She was the head girl and captain of the hockey and athletics teams at her school, as well as Junior National Hockey goalkeeper.
For more information, please contact Adrian Carter, Director of Wits Sport: firstname.lastname@example.org or +27 11 717 9419.
- Bidvest Wits have had a great run lately! The 96-year-old club has won the Nedbank Cup, MTN8, Absa Premiership and Telkom Knockout competitions in the past seven years.
- Wits Ladies FC were crowned the SAFA Johannesburg Regional League champions in November.
- The creation of a high performance culture featured prominently as Wits Sport, in conjunction with the Wits Counselling and Careers Development Unit, held the inaugural Wits Sport Peak Performance Summit in November.
- Wits Hockey coach Tsoanelo Pholo is first black female hockey coach in Africa to qualify as a level 3 hockey coach in the exams administered by the International Hockey Federation and the African Hockey Federation.
- Wits Basketball has had a good year. Read more about Lady Bucks stars Fortunate Bosega and Modiegi Mokoka.