Covid-19 Update 72: Netcare vaccination site at Wits
- Wits University
Wits staff and students can now get their Covid-19 vaccine at the Netcare site on campus.
The University has collaborated with Netcare to make Covid-19 vaccines easily accessible for members of the Wits community. Wits staff and students will be able to get their Covid-19 vaccination in the Wits Sport Multipurpose Hall, Braamfontein Campus East from 6 September until 23 September 2021.
The Netcare vaccination site is available to staff and students, their immediate family members and household members who are 18 years and older.
All persons accessing the Wits campus and receiving a vaccine must complete the Covid-19 screening tool on the day via the Logbox app. Staff and students can alternatively dial *134*8627# and visitors can dial*120*8501# to complete the Covid-19 screening.
The vaccination site is available as follows:
Date: 6 - 23 September 2021 (Mondays to Fridays)
Time: 08:00 – 16:00
Venue: Wits Sport Multipurpose Hall, Braamfontein Campus East
Parking: Visitor parking is available at the Planetarium visitor parking area.
4 Easy Steps to get your vaccine at Wits:
1. Register on the Electronic Vaccination Data System (EVDS) system
2. Book a date at the Netcare vaccination site at Wits via this link:
- For Staff (and family members): https://witsapps.wits.ac.za/workflow/app/forms/view/64
- For Students (and family members): https://witsapps.wits.ac.za/workflow/student/forms/view/65
3. Bring proof of identity (South African ID or passport) with Wits staff/student card and booking confirmation to the vaccination site. People on medical aid will be required to provide their medical aid number. The vaccine is for free for everyone including those on medical aid.
4. Get vaccinated.
Netcare will administer the Pfizer vaccine 1st or 2nd shot. One must be 2 weeks post COVID if recently tested positive, or 42 days post 1st Pfizer shot to receive 2nd Pfizer shot.
Vaccinate at any other site
If you are 18+, you can go to any vaccination site or sites close to Wits such as the Liberty site in Braamfontein, the Charlotte Maxeke Academic Hospital in Parktown, the Yeoville Recreational Centre or the Hillbrow Clinic.
Don’t hesitate. Vaccinate.
About COVID-19 vaccines
Everything you need to know about vaccines — our only viable strategy for living with Covid-19
Six myths about vaccination for Covid-19 put to rest
More information about vaccines at SA Coronavirus website and the Wits COVID-19 portal