Climate finance & the power of youth-led innovation in Africa
|Wednesday, 25 January 2023 - Wednesday, 25 January 2023
Edinburgh Climate Change Institute - High School Yards Edinburgh EH1 1LZ, United Kingdom Online link: https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/online-climate-finance-the-power-of-youth-led-innovation-in-africa
Join a hybrid discussion on the topic 'Climate finance and the power of youth-led innovation in Africa'.
Join the hybrid panel discussion hosted in partnership between the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program (MCF) and the Edinburgh Earth Initiative. The event is organised and hosted by MCF Scholars and will explore the impact of financing young people on climate innovations across Africa.
Panelists at the event include:
- Forget Shareka, MCF UoE Alumni and Graduate Environmental Officer
- Phenny Omondi, MCF UoE Scholar and Agricultural Support Program specialist at One Acre Fund-Kenya
- Prof Dambala Gelo Kutela, School of Economics and Finance, University of the Witwatersrand
- Johanna Holtan, Director of Operations, Edinburgh Earth Initiative, University of Edinburgh
- (MC) Julian Mashingaidze, MCF UoE Scholar
About the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program
In partnership with the Mastercard Foundation, the University of Edinburgh will provide over 200 full scholarships to students from Africa with great academic and leadership potential but few educational opportunities. On top of the scholarship, the Scholars Program facilitates transformative leadership programming to inspire and support Scholars in making change in their communities and countries on their return home.
About the Edinburgh Earth Initiative
The Edinburgh Earth Initiative is accelerating the University of Edinburgh’s response to the climate crisis. Working with our academics, students, staff, and partners, we help ensure the University of Edinburgh is at the leading edge of climate research, innovation, and action.Add event to calendar