Children, families and the state: Collaboration and contestation
|When:||Tuesday, 20 November 2018 - Wednesday, 21 November 2018|
|Where:|| Braamfontein Campus East
Professional Development Hub
The DST-NRF Centre of Excellence in Human Development will host this conference.
The conference will delve into the complexity of the relationship between the state and the family in supporting the development of children so that they can thrive as South African adults. More information.
- Professor Leila Patel, Director of the Centre for Social Development in Africa at the University of Johannesburg
- Professor Linda Richter, Distinguished Professor at Wits and an internationally recognised scholar on early childhood development
- Professor Imraan Valodia, Dean of the Faculty of Commerce, Law and Management at Wits University
- Professor Sarah Mosoetsa, Chief Executive Officer of the National Institute for the Humanities and Social Sciences
- Professor Dori Posel, Helen Suzman Chair in Political Economics at Wits University
- Professor Servaas van den Berg, South African Research Chair in Social Policy at Stellenbosch
- Professor Shanaaz Mathews, Director of the Children's Institute at University of Cape Town
- Professor Shane Norris, Director of the MRC/Wits Developmental Pathways for Health Research Unit
Add event to calendar