Engineering and the Built Environment
The Faculty of Engineering and the Built Environment (EBE) has the highest number of endowed professorships or chairs at the University of the Witwatersrand, and is home to seven schools:
- Architecture and Planning
- Civil and Environmental Engineering
- Chemical and Metallurgical Engineering
- Construction Economics and Management
- Electrical and Information Engineering
- Mechanical, Industrial & Aeronautical Engineering
- Mining Engineering
We maintain strong links with industry through student bursaries, scholarships and internships, and offer a range of programmes which include information engineering and biomedical engineering (within Electrical Engineering), and environmental engineering (within Civil Engineering).
Degrees in the Built Environment address the social, spatial and infrastructural needs of a transforming South Africa.
Undergraduate programmes include degrees in Architecture, Urban and Regional Planning, Property Studies and Construction Studies.