Gender Equity Office
The Gender Equity Office (GEO) offers its services free of charge to all staff and students of the University. We provide the following services:
- Collects and tracks all GBH-related complaints across the university and analyses trends to inform and improve intervention initiatives;
- Provides a safe and confidential space with full-time counselling support to complainants and victims of GBH;
- Confidentially advises complainants and victims of GBH of their options;
- Oversees an independent disciplinary procedure for formal complaints against staff or students accused of GBH;
- Engages actively in advocacy around gender equality.
Gender-Based Harm (GBH) includes the following:
Sexism / unfair discrimination based on gender or sexual orientation;
Sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape;
Abuse of power and conflict or interest based on sexual/romantic relationships.