Gender Equity Office
The Gender Equity Office (GEO) offers its services free of charge to all staff and students of the University. We provide the following services:
- Collects and tracks all GBH/ V-related complaints across the university and analyses trends to inform and improve intervention initiatives;
- Provides a safe and confidential space with full-time counseling support to complainants and victims of GBH/V;
- Confidentially advises complainants and victims of GBH/V of their options;
- Oversees an independent disciplinary procedure for formal complaints against staff or students accused of GBH/V;
- Engages actively in advocacy around gender equality.
Gender-Based Harm/Violencce (GBH/V) includes the following:
Sexism / unfair discrimination based on gender or sexual orientation;
Sexual harassment, sexual assault and rape;
Abuse of power and conflict or interest based on sexual/romantic relationships.