Vacancy at Wits Tennis
Wits Tennis need to finalize their coaching staff for 2019 and beyond. Interested parties are requested to apply.
Vacancy – Wits Tennis: Head Coach
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Tennis coach with coaching experience.
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and managing of the Wits Tennis Club.
Key roles and responsibilities:
- Head Coach of Wits Tennis Club being responsible for the overall success and strategy.
- Coach Wits Tennis Club members (elite, intermediate and learn-to-play grou
- Coach and Manage a Wits team to the annual USSA tournament and local leagues
- Practice schedule (Monday-Friday two hours each day)
- Develop and implement the University Tennis coaching curriculum.
- Organizing and administration at least two fund-raising events for Wits Tennis
- Provide high quality coaching and quality training to develop future representative players.
- Positive role model to players.
- Responsible for talent development
- Nurturing the relationship between Tennis federations and Wits University Tennis.
The requirements of the position:
- Relevant Tennis Coaching qualification.
- Proven experience and successful track record in Tennis coaching.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- High level of physical and psychology knowledge pertaining to tennis coaching.
- At least 3 years tennis coaching experience
- Invited candidates will be expected to do a presentation to the selection committee on their approach and offer and must also specify what remuneration and rights they expect in return.
For more information please contact Ayanda Ngubane on ( (011) 717 9436
Closing Date: 15 February 2019
To apply, please submit a cover letter explicitly addressing the above criteria as well as a detailed CV with names, addresses, contact numbers and e-mail addresses of 3 referees to firstname.lastname@example.org
The University retains the right not to make an appointment and to verify all information provided by candidates.
right not to make an appointment or to re-advertise.